Betty x Sweet Pea

Enjoy xxx

Betty POV:

Sweet Pea and I had just finished getting ready at my house and we began driving to his.

Tonight we were going to have dinner with his dad, Fp, and his new girlfriend.

Fp and Gladys are Sweet Pea and his brother Thomas' parents. They got a divorce when Sweet Pea was seven, and Fp hasn't dated anyone since. So this is his first relationship in a very long time.

Sweet Pea really isn't happy with the thought of his dad dating another woman. I'm not even sure why.

Sweet Pea knows that his mother was a terrible person, he despises her. But he isn't open to the idea of Fp dating.

I, personally coming from a family where I have a step parent, think it's a fantastic idea.

My parents similarly got divorced when I was young as my mother abused me. When I was about ten, my dad started dating again.

Of course there were a few people I wasn't really keen on, but my dad talked to me. He asked how I felt and if I was okay with the whole situation. I have a lot of respect for how my father handled it.

But now I have the most amazing step mother, Emma. She loves me like I'm her own daughter.

She's always been there for me and I couldn't be anymore grateful to have her as my mother and my mother figure growing up.

I also think it's a good idea because Sweet Pea will finally get to have a mum. He'll be able to talk about things with her, ask for help when he needs it and so much more.

Sweet Pea: why does my dad have to be so stupid? He grunted out.
Betty: your dad isn't stupid for wanting to have a partner Pea. I said as I rested my hand over his, which was resting on my thigh.
Sweet Pea: he's been fine without a girl for a decade, I'm sure he'll do fine for another. He said.
Betty: For starters, I'm sure Fp will live longer than another decade, and you're right. He's been alone for quite a long time. Don't you think he deserves someone? He held off for so long because of you and Thomas, now it's time you both respect Fp and his girlfriend. I told him.
Sweet Pea: this isn't okay. He said.

I decided not to say anything or reason with him. I figured my efforts would be wasted. He's clearly not interested in changing his point of view.

The rest of the drive to his house, we spent it in silence.

Once we arrived, we got out of his car and walked inside.

We went into the kitchen where dinner had already been set up.

Sitting in a chair next to Fp was Jane. She had light brown, wavy hair.

She was wearing a dark blue dress, overall, she looked very nice.

Fp looked to us and smiled, beginning to introduce Jane.

Fp: this is my son Sweet Pea. She smiled.

They embraced each other in a quick hug, although I knew Sweet Pea didn't enjoy one second of it.

Fp: and his girlfriend Betty. He said.
Betty: it's nice to meet you. I smiled.
Jane: and it's lovely to meet you too darling. She said as she embraced me in a hug.

We soon leant out of the hug and all took a seat at the table.

Sweet Pea sat next to me as Fp and Jane went back to where they were originally sitting.

We began eating dinner as Fp made conversation in which Sweet Pea would hopefully engage in. Of course he didn't.

Sweet Pea is really being immature. I don't like when he acts like this.