CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

My father pulls out a gun and points it at me while his men point at all my friends to prevent them from moving to shield me. He only moves his fingers motioning me to come over next to him and I painfully move towards him as he extends his left arm and wraps it around my neck, pulling me towards his chest, applying pressure, pressing the gun on my temple which causes Ava to scream at him to stop but he only mocks her. My ribs are hurting a lot right now as if the pain was stronger than what the medicine can mask and I start to worry.

I am pushed to the ground and kicked in the stomach and I scream in pain. Marcus begs my father to stop, to be civil and talk instead but he laughs in his face. He kicks me once more before I turn and lie on my stomach trying to slide away from him towards the wall so I can sit but he loads the gun and tells me to stop or he'll shot.

"Little Cameron can't hold himself up now? Stand up and fight your father like a man." He taunts as I try to push myself up with my arms but fail miserably when I drop to the ground again grunting in pain. "Oh...right you're critically injured."

"That's what you were hoping, right?" I say.

"No...it's too easy for me when you're like this." He huffs sarcastically. "Come on, stand up. I didn't raise a bitch." He violently grabs my arm and pulls me up. A single tear falls from my eye as I try to stand still with him facing me closely. His hand comes in contact with my face as he slaps me. Hard. "You're crying?! For fuck's sake." He chuckles.

"He's in pain, please stop!" Ava yells and my father shoots to the wall behind her. She flinches and my brother yells at my father to stop and to not be a dick but he ignores him.

"That will teach you to shut the fuck up." He demands. My anger takes over and a shot of adrenaline runs through my body when I witness his actions towards Ava and knock the gun out of his hand, his guards don't move as they know it is our business.

"Never do that shit to her again!" I yell and with all the strength I have left I tackle him to the ground. As I straddle him I begin to punch his face repeatedly, watching how his blood stains my knuckles giving me a feeling of satisfaction. He tries to cover himself with his hands but I'm faster and angrier, I completely ignore the pain in my chest as I keep hitting him all over his face and chest. At this point he's spitting blood and I can't seem to stop until he's dead but suddenly a sharp object pierces through my side and I abruptly stop. I try to take a deep breath but it's useless as I begin to cough again but this time I spit out blood clots.

"What- what the fuck." I whisper as I fall to the ground defeated. With my left hand I touch where the knife was and I feel the blood dripping through my fingers. The room is now loud, people screaming profanities and shots being fired but the ringing in my ears allow me to listen to so little that I'm submerged into my own thoughts. The taste of blood in my mouth doesn't go away as I realize I'm coughing still.

"Cam? Cameron can you hear me?" Ava's desperate attempts to get my attention only annoy me as she snaps her fingers in front of my face. With my free hand I grab hers to make her stop. "Please hang on, okay?" She cries and I hold her face with my hand and wipe her tears with my thumb.

"It's okay..." I whisper. "He-"

"Get off!" My father kicks Ava aside and one of the men that remain alive from the five that came in grabs her and I try to move but he puts his knee on my ribs and starts to lean onto it causing me to scream. "Where are the codes?!"

"Do it!" I snap. "Do it, you won't ever get them if you kill me."

"Motherfucker." He loses his patience and lifts me up by grabbing me from the hoodie and pushes me against the wall. "Tell me or I'll kill them," He points at Marcus, Luca, Ava and Alexander, the only ones who weren't killed. "-and you'll watch it front row."