CHAPTER TWENTY

A/N: hello! I hope you guys are doing great. There's only a few more chapters left to Crown Me that are written and ready to be uploaded so during the week i'll update them. I hope you've enjoyed reading this book as much as i enjoyed writing it. Thank you♥

My head feels as if someone stuck a needle in it and broke my skull, the dizziness from the hit makes my vision blurry and all I know is that my hands and feet are tied and I'm sitting on a wooden chair. My head hangs low, I have little to no energy to move it but I try my best to recognize my surroundings.

Where am I? Where is my car? Where is Marcus? Ava? Luca? Aaron? Oh poor Aaron, being my father's alibi took a toll on him and I know I treated him like shit but I didn't know then what I know now. This motherfucker I call 'dad' shot my mom while he was sneakily handing the gun to my little brother and there's no way it was an accident. He killed my mom, he traumatized my little brother and made him believe he had killed his own mother knowing that he was the closest to her. The younger child, momma's boy, her spoiled baby, she loved him so much but I don't think anybody understands how much she meant to him. She was the light of his world and my father decided to take it away, and for what? What could she have possibly done? She was an angel.

"Ah, you're awake?" I hear a man's voice echoing in the room. "Shit, your blood is staining my carpet."

"Wh-what?" I try to speak but all that comes out is a voice barely above a whisper. "Everything...hurts." I breathe out and taste blood in my mouth.

"Tell Holland he better add a new fur carpet, this shit costs over ten thousand dollars and is now covered in this guy's blood." The man says and grabs me by the hair to violently lift my head up. I moan in pain but I can almost see him clearly. "You look miserable." He sighs.

"Who are you?" I cough, an uncomfortable amount of blood fills my mouth so I move my head to the side and spit it out causing the man to curse me under his breath. "Where's my brother?"

"I don't know, your father hasn't been able to locate him yet." He reveals and sits on the chair in front of me.

"How long have I been unconscious?" I ask as clearly as I can speak.

"Around two days, maybe?" He shrugs.

"Fuck." It's my birthday, today I was supposed to leave to Italy for good. My best guess is that Luca already knows something happened and that's why they can't locate Marcus but I hope Ava is with them, safe and sound and that her mother has left already. How did this happen?

"Yeah, they had to get some doctors here to stitch your head up a little or else you could have an infection or something." He says and I find it strange given the situation I'm in right now. "It was your father's orders, he doesn't want you dead. At least not yet."

"What a surprise." I chuckle dryly and the guy stands up to grab a glass of water with a straw, putting it on my lips so I can drink. "Who are you?"

"I heard you the first time, what makes you think I'll answer the second?" He scoffs and I roll my eyes.

"Because I haven't seen you around and I want to know where the fuck you came from." I snarl and he laughs.

"I wouldn't act tough in your current state, buddy." He pats my shoulder and leaves the glass on the table. Suddenly his phone starts ringing and an annoyed sigh comes out of his lips before he answers. "Hello...yes, sir...he woke up...the room is ready, I'll take him there in a bit...no, his vitals seem to be fine...alright, goodbye."

"Should I even ask where are you going to take me now or..."

"You'll be taken to a room upstairs where you can shower and clean up. I'll send a nurse to check your eyes and vitals now that you're awake and then you'll be locked in there until your father comes." He reveals and I try to nod. "Guards!"