» III «

Heeseung?” “Here you go.”

He handed it to me but I hesitated to take it. “Weren't you taking it?” “Aren't you taking it? I was actually helping you.” He directly answered back. I stared for a moment. The most unexpected thing happened, he smiled, took my hand and placed it on my palm. “You're Youngbin's sister, Youngjae, right? Well, I have one thing to tell you. You should grow more.” He left with a smirk. What in the hell... I watched as he walked to the cashier, paid for the things he bought and left the place. I came back to reality when I remembered what he said to me. How dare he?! I glared at the entrance and made my way to the cashier.

I quickly made my way back to the house. I slammed the door shut. “What's the problem?” Mom shouted from the kitchen. Is she already cooking? “It's nothing!” I dashed in the kitchen, put the stuff I bought from the list on the counter and ran up to my room with the things I bought for myself. After I perfectly hid the snacks, I walked out from my room and knocked on Youngbin's door. “Yeah?” He answered from inside. “My ₩5,000?” I heard him sigh then some shuffling before he opened the door and placed it on my palm. “What are you even trying to do with that?” “I don't know. Receiving money is fun and now I'm happy.” I smiled brightly at him. He kept a straight face. “You should know one thing. Giving money to others your level isn't that great.” “Welp, that's your loss—” His expressions changed and I quickly ran away from him, laughing. “I'm still going to get that back from you some day!”

៚ · •

For some reason, I was looking forward to see Heeseung the next day. I looked here and there while we made our way to the school. “Hey, Heeseung comes from the opposite side, right?” “Why do you ask?” “I wanna know.” “Are you really taking interest in him?” “I'm only asking if he comes to school from the other side, not if he's single or not.” I punched his arm. “Ow! Yes, so?” “Oh...” “Just that?” “Yeah, what were you expecting?” “Something like, ‘that's sad’ and stuff.” I lifted up my fist to punch his arm again but he dodged it. “I don't take interest in people I just met a day ago. And it's not even 24 hours yet.” He stuck out his tongue at me.

“You look like you're having fun.” “Jake!” “How come you're always so full of energy when you see Jake?” “I always am with everyone, except for you.” He frowned. “Have you seen Heeseung?” “No, why?” “I'm pretty upset at him for offending me.” “And?” “I don't know. I just want to glare at him and I want him to know that I'm glaring at him.” Youngbin showed me an uninterested face. “You said it was nothing.” “Well you shouldn't have jumped to conclusions unlike Jake here.” We continued making our way to school while arguing.

៚ · •

I sat on my seat, thinking if Heeseung would mention about our encounter the previous day to my brother. Ugh, he won't even remember it. Why bother? I looked down at my book. I have to think about how to tell him my situation with Jake. I hope he doesn't get mad. The bell rang and I watched the others walk out from the class. “Are you skipping lunch?” A familiar voice rung out. “No. I'm just waiting.” “For me?” “Ew no.” “She's waiting for me.” Jake approached us. Jay pouted and swung his arm around Jake's shoulders. “Something's up with you two.” “You wish.” Sunghoon joined in as well.

“Okay you, do you have any important place to go after school?” I directly asked. “Nope. Why did you ask?” “That's a relief. Jake always third wheel when you're not around.” “I'm not surprised.” Jay chuckled. “Blame Jay for moving to another place.” “Hey it's not my fault, ice boy.” “You have Sunoo, Youngbin is also there though.” “Jake is scared of him.” “Lies—” “Okay now I don't get why Youngjae chose Sunoo and not Jake. I mean, you've known Jake since you were little and you just met Sunoo not long ago.” “Two years is long.” “Not to me. So, why not choose Jake?” “Choose as what?” I giggled.

“I don't like this conversation.” Sunghoon muttered. “As your date of course!” “I'm sorry but...Sunoo and I are not dating.” “I'm not talking about it that way.” “Oh, well...Sunoo is more...” I glanced at Jake. “Easy-going and nonchalant when it comes to stuff like that. Jake is always so awkward, like, chill dude~ I only think of you as a friend. Don't mind all of these people shipping us.” “That sounds like him, yup.” Sunghoon agreed. “It's just flattering.” Jake defended himself. “Enough with that, let's eat.”

Sunoo joined in the group. “Ey~ I don't want to end up being the only girl.” “Did I come here saying ‘I'm a boy’?” Sunoo raises his brow. “No?” I mumbled. Seeing that, he squealed and cuddled me. “You're so cute even though you're older than me.” “See?” I mouthed at the other three boys and Jay nodded approvingly, pointing his chopsticks at Sunoo while looking at Jake and Sunghoon again and again. After Sunoo settled down beside me, the normal noisy conversation started once again. “Did you see Heeseung?” I suddenly asked Sunoo nonchalantly. “Hm? No. Are you seeing him?” “Seeing him— I just want to see him. Nothing special.”

“Who's Heeseung?” Sunghoon asked. “Jay's future husband—” “Youngbin's new son.” Our answers made them confused. “He's new and from Youngbin's class.” Jake said clearly. “Oh, I knew I've heard his name somewhere— AND I AM NOT MARRYING A MAN, KIM SUNOO.” Jay and Sunoo started arguing. My left hand went down to Jake's thigh, making him flinched a bit. He brought down his right hand and held mine firmly, just the thing I wanted from him.

P O V

Sunghoon's eyes were on the two of them the whole time. I didn't know they were this good at acting. He smirked as he applauded for their acting skills in his head. How long have this been going on?

“My sister won't stop mentioning your name.” A familiar voice was heard by Heeseung on the other side of the cafeteria. “That's surprising?” “Really. What did you do?” Youngbin asked as he plopped down next to him. “Nothing. I just helped her yesterday. She was a bit too short to reach for the higher shelves.” “Oi, you don't know how mad she is at you.” “Because of that?” “Yup. You better watch your words. She gets offended pretty easily.” “I was simply telling her to grow more— okay.” “She told me that she wants to glare at you, with you knowing that she's mad at you. Just letting you know in advance so that you won't get confused.” “Thanks for letting me know.” “You have no questions about anything at the moment, do you?” “Uh...actually, I have one.” “What is it?” “Your sister.”

© 2020 - 2021 -JAKISM