» XXII «

I walked in the kitchen, snickering.

“Hey, what has irritated you all of a sudden?” Mother immediately asked.

“Just Heeseung, looks like he asked my number from Youngbin just to piss me off,” I shook my head.

“What'd he say?”

“Uh...he asked how I was doing.”

She laughed out loud, “And that annoys you, okay, I'll keep in mind. You should invite him when we go out this weekend.”

“Seriously? Inviting him? Again? What's up with y'all? You clearly know that I don't get along with him,” I whined.

“We're going to invite him over until you get along with him. Now ask him what he thinks about it.”

“You're good friends with his mom, why bother telling me to ask her son?” I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, I'll just ask your brother then.”

“I'm fine with it,” I shrugged and left.

I took out my phone and directly went to my chats to check if he had seen my dry and plain reply. Why isn't he online yet?

៚ · •

“Only you?” I looked behind him.

“Are you disappointed because it's just me here?” Jay folded his arms.

“Yes...kinda. But I'm relieved because I don't think I can face the rest, except for Sunoo. I feel like he's avoiding me, is he?”

“He's...just quiet. Everyone's quiet,” he sighed before handing me a paper bag.

I looked at him in surprise and then looked down at it, “What's this for?”

“I didn't buy that if you're asking yourself. Everyone else split their money to buy you some calming foods...? I don't really know but yeah,” he spoke before casually sitting down on one of the couches.

“Why didn't you spend some money? You're the one with the most pocket money every single day.”

“I'm sitting on your couch in your house instead of my house. I should be studying right now.”

I stuck out my tongue, “Don't suddenly act like you study as soon as you reach home. Here, have some. Think of it as an award.”

“I don't need one but I'll gladly take it.”

We sat in silence as we both nibbled on our own snacks. Jay looked at the stairs when a faint chuckle was audible.

“Is Heeseung here?”

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“I thought he was going on a date with one of the juniors. I guess he ditched,” he laughed.

“Huh? I thought she stopped hitting on them...how did you know about the date though?”

“Someone heard her telling him to wait and meet her near the gate after school and that someone happened to be a close friend of mine.”

“Well...he ditched her.”

“Hey, by the way, are you really into Heeseung?”

“What? No— where did you get that idea from?”

“Sunghoon told me and Jake that you picked him over the two of them.”

“Argh, that was because they were being immature and fighting like idiots. Don't take it seriously, that was just my way of keeping him quiet.”