» XVII «

I stared into his eyes in fear. “Scared?” He scoffed. “There's nothing to be afraid of. That was just one night. I hope you haven't been bitten by any other vampires besides me.” He slightly backed away. “Are you gonna ask me more questions?” “I'm...” He tilted his head. “Mhm, what is it?” I gave up trying to utter any question. “Nothing.” I softly spoke. I felt uneasy, uncomfortable. His gaze softened a bit by seeing my anxious actions. “You...” He trailed off, hesitating to continue. “...shouldn't be uncomfortable with this. It makes me flustered to see you scared every time you're around me.” I tightly gripped onto the edge of my blazer. “I'm just...” I began, still feeling uneasy. “...now that I know whom I got the mark from, it all makes sense as to why I thought you always looked familiar.” He confusingly looked at me. “I look familiar?”

I reluctantly nodded. “Maybe, that night when you came, it had some kind of an aftermath.” He slowly nodded, seeming to be thinking deeply. I released a breath. “And I'll try not to feel uncomfortable around you from now onwards if it makes you flustered.” He brought up a small smile and nodded. “You know, I always wanted to become friends with you.” He chuckled nervously and rubbed his nape. I suddenly scoffed and started laughing mockingly. “I'm sorry but I think it's better we only stay as a junior and senior.” He stared at me in surprise. “I might be conversing with you right now, but that doesn't mean that you're on my good side. I'll get going, enjoy the rest of your day.” I mocked him by using the tone he used with me the previous Saturday evening and I went back to my classroom coolly, smirking.

៚ · •

“Wait, so he actually ended up getting his number?” I asked, doubting my ears. Sunoo couldn't seem to stop laughing as he nodded. I started laughing as well. Jay deadpanned as he folded his arms while glaring at me. “I regret not tagging along now. It must've been so humiliating for you.” I patted Jay's head and he pushed it away in annoyance. “It's not funny.” “Why don't you just tell him the truth?” Sunghoon butted in. “I don't want to hurt his feelings.” “Oh, you care for him? That's so sweet.” I exclaimed and he bonked my head. “I care for everyone, even for you although you keep on teasing me.” He poked my forehead. I rolled my eyes and adjusted the bag I was carrying. “Can we go now?” “He's not done yet.” Sunghoon spoke. “You're planning to go home without your boyfriend?” Sunoo asked me in disbelief.

I softly sighed and brought up a sly smile. “Ey~ look at her blushing at the mention of her boyfriend.” Jay started teasing. “Shut up, angry bird.” I sneered. “Did I take long?” Jake asked as he trotted up to us with his bag loosely hanging from his right shoulder. “Pretty long but we can wait for another few hours just to see you two together.” Sunghoon said and pushed me to Jake. “I swear to gosh—” I looked up and met with his eyes. “Hi.” He simply said. “Hi?” The three other boys laughed, finding it amusing. “Let's just go, and stop laughing.” I said as I furrowed my eyebrows. Jake and I led the way in the front while the rest kept on fanboy-ing over the two of us from the back. “So, what did he say?” He asked. “Nothing important.” I nonchalantly replied as I shrugged.

៚ · •

“Youngjae! Good news!” Youngbin exclaimed as soon as I stepped inside the house. He was still in his uniform. “What is it about?” “Mom just called and told me that dad was gonna be able to take a break for a whole week. Do you hear that, Youngjae? A whole week!” He gleamed in excitement as he jumped up and down. “That's great~! Do you think all four of us will be able to go somewhere nice?” “Probably. I can't wait!” He shouted and hugged me tightly. I chuckled at his actions. “Why haven't you cleaned up yet? I'm sure it has been two and a half hours after your class gave over.” He continued to look at his phone when he answered me. “Yeah, I went over to Heeseung's for a bit to kill time. His mother looks like she's still in her twenties.” “Hm...interesting. I wonder why...”

“What about you? What made you come home late?” He finally looked up from his phone. “Jake had some...after class thingy.” I smiled sheepishly. He nodded. “The others were also there, right?” “They were the ones who insisted to stay and wait for him just because they want to see the two of us together.” I gawked at the vase behind him in frustration. He chuckled. “They're such good boys. Go and do your homework.” “We don't have any but okay.” I was about to walk up the stairs when he stopped me by calling out my name. I turned to face him in confusion. “I asked Heeseung about what happened between the two of you during the second break.” “Really?” I prayed in my head. He couldn't tell my brother any humiliating or terrible thing because I didn't want to be friends with him. “What was it about?”

“Didn't he tell you?” He shook his head. “He told me to ask you instead. He looked pretty...down. Did you say something rude to him?” “What? No, he's my senior, what the heck?” I chuckled. “Okay then, what happened? What did you talk about?” “Uh, do I need to tell you?” “Yeah. I'm your brother, I should make sure that nothing wrong is going on with you.” I released a tired sigh. “We just chatted about how we had to stop being distant with each other. He said that it makes him flustered, for some reason.” I looked down at the floor as I started to think. “Oh, so? How'd it go? Did you take it well? You didn't hit him for being flustered, did you?” “Ugh, no.” He simply chuckled and I made my way to my room, not knowing what was awaiting me that very next day.

“Heeseung got rejected by Youngjae!”

© 2020 - 2021 -JAKISM