» XI «

I cautiously walked out of my room the next morning. I observed my surroundings before walking out and making my way down the stairs. "You're up early." A voice directly rang out, making me jolt my head towards the direction where the voice had come from. "Oh, mom..." I exclaimed and walked closer to her, examining what she was doing. "Is it that early though?" She hummed a 'yes' as she proceeded to cut the vegetables. "You're naturally up at seven. Is there something keeping you awake?" She asked while I looked around in search of a clock. "Maybe I'm just too excited about today's event. It's been a long time since we all hung out together." I flashed her a sheepish smile. She gently smiled back. "Well, you be careful while you're out there. Don't get all sulky if you lose a game, like before." "I'm not that whiny kid anymore." I gently nudged her arm.

"What a surprise, you're up before me." "You don't sound so surprised." "It's six in the morning, Youngjae, and I just woke up." "Is your friend up yet?" "Yup, he's checking up on his mother." "He's such a sweet lad, his mother must be proud to have a son like him." Youngbin pouted at her words. "Aw~ don't you worry. I'm also proud of you." She embraced him. "I'm here too, you know?" I folded my arms. Youngbin stuck out his tongue. "Be understanding, Youngjae. Your big brother is still a baby." I cackled at her words as I thought that that would trigger Youngbin. But to my surprise, he started acting like a baby, a big baby. "Ew?" I cringed and stiffly walked up the stairs. "Breakfast will be ready soon, make sure you call for Heeseung on your way back down here." I simply grunted at her words and walked inside my room.

៚ · •

"I'm here! Auntie, long time no see!" The ball of sunshine was the first to arrive, like always. "Sunoo~ you've grown so tall. I missed you." She spoke as Sunoo engulfed her in a big hug. "I know~ I'm a lot taller than Youngjae now." "Shut up." I frowned and he quickly skipped to me and locked his arm with mine. "Heights don't matter honey, don't be salty." He stated, making my mom tilt her head. "Oh my, are you two dating?" "What?! No! He's just used to addressing me like that." "Don't worry, auntie. I'll take good care of her." He smiled brightly. "Eeesh." "Hey, Heeseung." He waved in tiny and Heeseung returned the same tiny wave. I badly need someone my age here- "It's Youngjae's boyfriend! Make way! Youngbin get ready to move your feet-" "Oh shut up Sunghoon!" A cute chuckle followed, which I quickly knew belonged to the one and only Jaeyun. My mother laughed in excitement. "The princes are here." "Auntie!" Sunghoon beamed and hugged her. Jay and Jake confusedly watched him, probably thinking when did he get this close with my mom.

"Did you inform your friends about meeting up here?" Jay asked, Sunoo clinging onto him as he minded his own business. "No- they'll still be there even before we arrive. You and Sunghoon are here." "I swear, Youngjae if one of them walks up to me and confesses her feelings to me, it won't be my fault if she goes home weeping." I just shrugged and looked down at my phone. Someone leaned towards me and whispered. "What if we tell him today?" "What?!" I suddenly yelped. Jake looked at me, quite flustered. The rest looked at me in confusion. "Did he tell you something weird again, Youngjae?" Sunghoon sighed. Jake simply smiled away and walked to Sunghoon's side. "Maybe another day then." He plainly said with the smile still stuck on his face. "Is it related to a prank?!" Youngbin eyes widened.

"Take good care of Heeseung for me!" Youngbin shouted when we were ten metres away from the house. "Of course! No worries, Youngbin!" Sunoo cheerfully shouted back. "I knew it. They're already there." I disinterestedly said as I slid my phone into my pocket. "It's almost time for us to camouflage, Sunghoon." "Whatever." He nonchalantly spoke as he continued to walk. "Hey~ shouldn't you be the most enthusiastic right now?" Sunoo lightly bumped onto him. "Don't I sound enthusiastic?" Sunoo shook his head and continued to chat with Heeseung. I squinted my eyes as I focused on the two lads walking in front of us. "Jealous?" Jake suddenly spoke. "What? Why should I be jealous? Pfft, no. I have you." I said as I locked my arm with his. He chuckled. "I don't think it would be a problem if we tell these people today. They look like they can keep a secret." "I'm not-" "Here I am, being enthusiastic." Sunghoon butted in and locked his arm with my free arm. Jay was already in the same situation as me, his gloomy expression making me giggle.

"It took you forever to reach." "But I'm fine now because I get to see a figure skater." She drooled as she watched the lad swiftly skating around the rink. Only the eight of us were present in the rink, probably because they knew in advance that Sunghoon was going to be there. I folded my arms as I watched as well, disinterested. But then he does the move that always caught my attention, even before I became friends with him, I started to get sucked in in his performance. "Well well well, are we sure that only one of us has a crush on Park Sunghoon?" She smirked and I snickered, shooting a glare at her. "He was my favourite skater ever since...ever since who knows when. And he still is." I abruptly added before distancing myself from them a little. "Youngjae!" His voice echoed from the rink. He smiled as he gestured for me to join him. I shook my head furiously.

"Ack!" A shrill yell rang out from the side of the rink. It was none other than Jay, with Jake beside him as he attempted to help him get up from the hard floor. "Don't pull me! Hey-" Jake joined him on the floor. Jay's laugh echoed through the whole area, Sunghoon's little giggles audible as well. "Here we come!" Sunoo squealed as he entered the rink, holding hands with Heeseung to stay balanced. "That guy's new. Who is he?" "I'm not gonna lie, he's handsome." "Youngjae! Isn't he friends with your brother?!" I groaned at their sentences. "So what? I'm going in. You should too." I said as I got ready to join the five other guys inside the rink. I was struggling with putting on the skates once again when Sunghoon slid over to tease me. "You never learn, do you?" He sighed before getting down on his knees to help me with it. "It's not my fault." I muttered. "Done. Let's go." He easily got up and offered me a hand. I grabbed it without hesitating and he helped me get up. "It's been a while since I skated with a partner. Do you want to give it a try?" "Uh...with you?" "Who else?" "I don't really-" I screamed as he suddenly pulled me by my hand, pulling me further into the rink. He stopped when we reached the centre.

"Let's make those girls jealous."

© 2020 - 2021 -JAKISM