Chapter 30

Australia's POV:

I needed this to happen now. Japan was impeding the switch, saying that they "weren't ready" and "the machine hasn't been tested". Honestly, it was going to be fine. And when I finally get Papua back, I will have less to do.

"Australia! Just listen to me for once!" Japan shouted angrily.

"Yeah, please explain. This doesn't seem like a typical procedure," Indonesia added.

"That is because it isn't. Now stay still." I grumbled.

"I don't think this is safe, Mr Australia," Timor Leste voiced his concern. I ignored him and tried to reach for the switch.

"Stop trying!" Japan shouted, hitting me in the face.

"Japan, the love of my life, step out of my f#cking way," I said in a threatening tone.

"No, as your 'love of your life' I am required to keep you level headed," Japan snapped.

I hated when she was right. Which was always, but I still hated it?

"Fine, I won't do it now. But get the machine ready for the afternoon," I sighed as I gave in. I stepped away from the switch and walked over to Indonesia and Timor. I released their straps and let them stand up. They stood there uncomfortably, but questioned a little.

"I can't get the machine ready and tested by this afternoon," Japan complained.

"Think of this attempt as the test. Fix it as best you can and then we will work with that," I said as I ushered Indonesia and Timor out of the room.

"Could you stop doing this? You never slow down and discuss the problem. You just pile it on me!" She continued to complain.

"We can discuss this after I deal with these two," I muttered.

"No." She said defiantly.

I let out a deep sigh and walked over to her. I placed my hands on her shoulders and looked into her beautifully angry eyes and smiled. I leaned forward and kissed her lips to get her to stop talking. I pulled away and looked at her eyes again.

"Yes." I smiled as I walked away.

I ushered Indonesia and Timor over to the door that was already opened slightly. I opened the door and saw Ireland standing there. I was already feeling stressed and annoyed.

"What are you doing out of your room?" I asked grumpily.

"I just needed to get out for a small walk," He lied. I knew he was lying. He also looked very uncomfortable, like I caught him in the act.

"Right. I need you to either go back to your room, or help me with a couple of jobs." I offered.

"Um, okay," He said.

"Great, you make sure these two don't run off while I lead them to their rooms," I commanded. Ireland seemed more than happy to join in and do something, and he did a very good job.

"Mr Australia, may I ask what you were planning on doing with us?" Indonesia asked.

"You will find out this afternoon," I sighed.

England's POV:

I didn't know what I was doing anymore. I didn't want to go back to that blasted room, but I was lost anyway. There were no directions or signs. I continued wandering around this large place.

As I ventured, I found a small door. I'm not normally the one to spy, but there was something about the room that drew me to it.

I reached for the handle and the door opened. I heard someone approaching me, so I entered the room quickly and closed the door. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I discovered what looked like an unfinished bathroom with a mattress in the corner.

As I walked around this room, I took note of the walls and the single window which illuminated a small portion of the floor. I noticed some kind of strange marks were carved messily into the wall. It didn't look like much, so I couldn't be bothered reading it.

I walked up to the small window, but as I approached it, I knocked over a small teacup. I looked down to see that I had spilt some tea. I bent down and felt the liquid; it was hot. It didn't make sense. Putting the hot tea aside, I picked up the teacup.

I admired the beautiful Tudor Rose design that decorated the teacup. It was quite elegant and reminded me of the roses I grew outside my house.

I kept looking around, and I spotted the markings on the wall again. They did seem suspicious. I walked up to the carvings and noticed that they spelt out a sentence.

"Symbols of identity are stronger than the broken nation," I read out loud. It seemed specific and vague at the same time. I was not sure what to do with this information. I was not in the mood for deciphering random messages. But something felt off about this place. I need to come back here. The hot tea didn't make any sense.

I opened the door to leave, making sure no one was there in case that was a room I wasn't allowed to enter. As I shut the door behind me, I noticed Italy watching me. I stood there awkwardly, hoping that he wouldn't tell anyone.

"What were you doing in there?" He asked.

"Oh, uh, just looking," I explained.

"You know, that was the room UK lived in. He was never allowed out until his death day," Italy sighed. He looked depressed.

"Oh, so do you put the cup of tea there in his memory or something?" I asked, thinking that that would be what he would have wanted if ever died.

"Tea? No one has gone in that room since his death." Italy said, confused. Now that really seemed suspicious.

"You look hungry. I work in the kitchen and can get you something to eat," Italy offered. I guess it would be better to think about this on a full stomach. I agreed and followed him to the kitchen.

"Do you work alone?" I asked as I looked around the empty kitchen.

"France used to work with me. But now she is being taken care of in the mental health unit," Italy sighed.

I know for a fact that she wasn't being taken care of.