Chapter 28

Nuie's POV:

"F#ck," I muttered to myself as I receive the transmission from Mexico. NZE wouldn't like this at all. I had five minutes to gather my notes for the meeting. I was feeling so stressed out.

"Hey bro, what are you doing?" I heard the familiar voice.

"Let me be, Cook, I'm kind of busy," I said without looking at him.

"Well my dear brother, I made you a cookie," Cook announced.

"I know you dropped it on the floor," I snapped.

"Maybe, but it can't go to waste,"

"Cook! I swear to mother earth, if you don't leave me alone, I will report you!" I shouted.

"Damn bro, I'm just trying to cheer you up. And besides, you wouldn't report twice," Cook said, narrowing his eyes. I knew he was hinting at the forbidden topic.

"Please, I'm really busy. Go annoy someone else," I sighed, pointing him towards the door.

"Sorry. It's just, I'm concerned about you. You haven't been the same since... well you know," Cook stuttered.

"I'm fine. And nothing happened. There is no need to be concerned." I said.

"You are an idiot. We both know what you did, and we both know you regret it,"

"Shut up! You are talking about fictional events. They never happened,"

"This is denial a$$hole! If you keep going this way you will end up with depression," Cook warned.

"I don't need your advice," I snapped. I looked at the clock on the wall, realising that the meeting was starting soon.

I left my office, pushing past Cook and walking down the hallway. I had tried my hardest to ignore what Cook had said. I hate talking to him. He always brings up memories I worked hard to repress.

I speed walked towards the meeting room and entered. I was on time at least. I found my seat and quietly waited. I watched as Samoa took his seat at the front of the room. After all these years, he still didn't look comfortable there.

We made eye contact for a short second before NZE walked in and sat down next to Samoa.

"This meeting has started," He announced loudly before looking at me. This was my que. I stood up nervously from my seat and looked down at my notes.

"I have recently received a transmission from our spy in the American Empire confirming that it was the rebel Papua New Guinea who had been taken," I reported. Almost immediately everyone started arguing and discussing what would happen. I had more to say, but I couldn't fit it in anywhere.

"Quiet! My son has more to say!" NZE shouted. Son... right.

Everyone became quiet at his command and looked back at me expectantly.

"I uh," I stuttered as I looked back down at my notes.

"According to Mexico's report, Papua New Guinea is in possession of New's arm and it is currently being tested for DNA." I finished.

"This is very bad. If they find out the identity of New or Papua New Guinea, we are in huge trouble," Samoa put in.

"Very true, we need to discuss options," NZE sighed.

Ireland's POV:

"I'm tired," I sighed as I laid on the ground.

We had been told to stay in the room. I had gotten tired of lying on the bed so I relocated to the floor. North sat on his bed, thinking to himself

"It must be tiring being that much of an idiot," North snapped back.

"Is your brother always this much of a downer?" Nepal asked.

"Pretty much," I sighed.

"Can you stop talking to that f#cking ghost thing!?" North shouted.

"Lighten up a bit, will you," I said back.

"Lighten up? There is something sinister going on here! Have you ever wondered why there is a ghost? What happened to him?! Doesn't it seem the slightest bit suspicious?!" North shouted, sitting up and looking at me.

"I didn't really think about that," I sighed. I looked up at Nepal. He had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

"I appreciate the enthusiasm, but your brother is right. This isn't a great place," Nepal explained.

"How did you die?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Let's just say that Australia didn't appreciate my loyalties," He laughed uncomfortably.

"Australia killed you?" I could never imagine Australia doing that. My son wouldn't kill anyone. Right?

"Australia has always been a bad kid. It makes sense," North added.

"No, no. Australia wouldn't hurt anyone." I mumbled to myself.

"I have seen things that say otherwise," Nepal said.

"No, you are lying. It's probably Japan that made him hurt you," I said. Nepal just shook his head.

I didn't look at Nepal. I couldn't. I wouldn't accept that my son would do this. I know that everyone kills in war, but wiping out a whole other country is horrible. Australia wouldn't.

"Ireland, he isn't your son anymore. He is an adult making his own decisions. Yeah, they are pretty messed up, but still," North said.

"I did not ask for your input," I said through gritted teeth.

"Look, Ireland, you need to understand-" Nepal started.

"NO!" I shouted, cutting him off.

Everyone went quiet. No one spoke. I grumpily stood up and walked over to the door. I twisted the door handle and left the room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

"Ireland, you can't be wandering around like this," Nepal warned, following after me.

"Leave me alone! You only tell lies!" I shouted.

"You really have to be quiet. And I'm dead, what use is lying anymore?" Nepal reasoned.

I kept walking, ignoring his warnings. Suddenly, I heard an interesting sound. Nepal didn't seem to like it and a worried expression came upon his face. He darted forward and stopped at an open door.

I walked up to the door and peaked in.

"Australia! It's too early!!" Japan was shouting.

"Oh shut up woman! It's never too early!" Australia shouted back.

In the centre of the room sat Indonesia and Timor Leste. They were hooked up to something and seemed to be struggling. It didn't look comfortable.