𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

▬▬▬▬ start ▬▬▬▬

❛𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄❜

SERAPHINA ARCANA POV

AUSTIN BERG. He was one of my past lovers, albeit I didn't hold any intimate feelings for him since he was only arranged for me for he and I's public images. We didn't plan on falling in love with each other, nor did we plan to be closely related when behind closed doors either. 

We referred to each other as merely business partners, whom were working towards their own self-satisfactions and ambitions in life. And I did not think of anything more than that. 

Imagine my surprise though, when this man so bravely confessed his 'undying love' for me in front of the press, aka the whole world in one fine afternoon. 

At the time, I thought nothing of it. I know, very insensitive of me, but what could I do when I had received over thousands of these confessions already and had gotten used to it after all this time? And besides, those two disgraces of humanity urged me to accept it else they would hurt Valon..

I could feel my heart beat faster and my expression softening just at the mention of his name. 

..anyways, I accepted Austin's proposal—oh yes, I almost forgot to mention. It was not just a confession, it was a proposal. Haaa~ well, whatever he did, I accepted. It was not like I had any other choice, anyways. 

I and Austin were indifferent to one another before that horrid proposal, we shared one bedroom but never did anything, and we ate breakfast together but there was only silence and no chatter whatsoever. The mansion we lived in was cold and passive. 

And I liked it that way. 

I liked it until he proposed to me. I could tolerate anything he did during the time frame we were set up together. He could hook up with as many girls as he wanted, throw parties whenever as long as I was kept out of it, and he could go to bars and hang out with his 'boys' as long as he didn't cause any major scandals. 

But I certainly didn't expect him to propose, of all things. My head throbs in irritation just thinking about it, my head has been aching often times now too..

Anyhow, after that whole ordeal. That man's attitude completely warped. His once cold expressions became similar to that of the moon turning sunny. He was always smiling, which was creepy considering the fact that he would always wear a frown and an empty canvas of an expression in general. 

His smiling habits became so creepy, it even attracted the public eye, with them stating we were the perfect match. Just because we were similar to each other in some...ways. 

According to Celeste, the way how we always smile and how we constantly put on facades made us...perfect for each other? I suppose that was a correct fact, but that didn't mean we fit one another. 

In fact, I think it made this...pairing even worse. I know how I act, and I know how and what I seem like to others. The 'Ever-Smiling Princess'. I knew what that title meant, and I knew exactly how bored and impassive I was when facing challenges and other unbelievable situations that seem abnormal to most.