3. Ruined

"How was your day?", Jimin asks when he sees Taehyung. The younger boy grins happily. "It was amazing, Minie. I made a lot of friends!", he exclaims. Jimin smiles at him. "That's good, TaeTae", he says.

Taehyung nods and they start walking towards their car. "Kihyun Hyung, hey!", Taehyung greets their driver excitedly. The man smiles at him. "Hi, Tae. Did you have fun?", he asks. "I did!", Taehyung replies.

"What about you, Min?", Kihyun looks at Jimin. Said boy just shrugs. "It was okay", he answers. Kihyun frowns a little at the dejected tone but decides not to pry.

"Alright, boys. Get in", he says. They do as told. Jimin looks out of the window, feeling all heavy and sad. He's happy that Taehyung's day went well but at the same time, he can't help but feel envious about it.

"Did you tell them about Dad and Appa?", he suddenly asks Taehyung. The younger nods. "Yes! They were so surprised. Isn't it so cool that everyone has a mom and dad but we have two dads?", he asks, eyes big with wonder.

Jimin shrugs. "I guess". Taehyung frowns. "What's wrong?", he asks. "Nothing", Jimin replies. "There is something. I'm only two years younger, Minie. I can tell when you're feeling down. Come on, what is it?", he presses.

Jimin sighs. "Nothing, Tae. Just--- can you do something for me?", he asks. Taehyung looks surprised by the sudden question but nods anyway. "Don't tell anyone that we're brothers. At least not anyone from the senior section", he says.

Taehyung frowns. "But why?", he questions. Jimin grunts in annoyance. "Just listen to me. And don't mention that you have two dads unless it's necessary", he says further.

Taehyung's eyes widen. "Hyung, what the hell? Why would you ask me to do that?", he asks angrily. Jimin makes a face. "Just because. Now listen to me and do as I say", he says firmly.

"But---", "No buts, Tae. And don't tell dad and appa about this. I'll talk to them myself", he says. Taehyung seems skeptical about it but decides not to question it. Jimin has said he'll talk to their parents then he guesses it's alright.

What they don't realize is that, Kihyun was listening to their whole conversation, worried out of his mind.

💓

"Ilsan? Really, Kook?", Namjoon huffs. Jungkook sighs on the phone. "Yeah, sorry. Work calls", he answers. Namjoon fixes his glasses, reading some important documents before signing them.

"Why didn't you take the car?", he questions. He can practically hear Jungkook rolling his eyes through the phone. "Do you know how much it would've costed if I had taken the car?", he scolds.

Namjoon makes a face. "We earn enough to afford it, Kook. Now I'll just worry about you all day without paying attention to any of the work I have to do. I can already imagine my secretary giving me bitchy looks", he says.

Jungkook laughs from the other side. "Then stop worrying about me and focus on work. Hobi hyung will bring the car home so don't worry about that either. Oh and the kids might be home so don't stay cooped up in your office till late", he reprimands.

Namjoon smiles a little. "Well, well, look who's the one worrying now. Don't worry, I'll go home as soon as my meetings end", he assures.

"Alright then. I'll see you at home?", Jungkook says. Namjoon nods absentmindedly. "Alright. Call me when you reach Seoul. I'll come and pick you up", he instructs.

"Baby", Jungkook starts with a sigh. "I just told you I'll see you at home. Which means I'll be back by myself. You don't need to trouble yourself", he says firmly. Namjoon frowns. "What? No. I'll come pick you up", he says back stubbornly.

"Joon, you're being extremely stubborn. I'm an independent man. I'm very much capable of calling a cab for myself", Jungkook rolls his eyes, feeling a little annoyed that Namjoon won't let him do as he pleases.

"Love, I know that. But it's gonna be late and---", "Joon, stop. You're acting like I'm going to die", Jungkook says with an incredulous laugh, cutting Namjoon off. "Jungkook, what the fuck. Why would you say that?", Namjoon growls angrily.

Jungkook winces from the other side. "I didn't mean that. I'm sorry. I was just kidding", he says desperately. Namjoon's heart thuds loudly in his chest, even the thought scares him to no end.

"I'll... I'll talk to you later. Have a m-meeting", he says. "Sweetheart, wait! I'm sorry. I---". Namjoon hangs the call before Jungkook can say anything else. He wipes his watery eyes with his sleeve, feeling like he could cry any second now.

He just hopes Jungkook is back home safe.

💓

"Appa!", Taehyung exclaims as soon as Namjoon reaches home, tackling him in a hug. Namjoon laughs fondly, ruffling Taehyung's hair.

"What happened to 'papa'?", he asks with a chuckle. Taehyung takes the coat from him and hangs it on the rack, running back to him in no time. "I'm a teenager now. I should use better words", Taehyung says proudly.

Namjoon rolls his eyes at his antics. "Minie said the same thing once he turned thirteen. You guys are growing up so fast", Namjoon sighs, feeling nostalgic.

"How was your day?", he asks. Taehyung starts telling him excitedly about his classmates, teachers, new friends, which subjects he liked the most, etc. When he starts telling him about the class pet, Jimin comes down from the stairs.

"Appa, hi!", he says happily, suddenly feeling a lot better than he had all day. Namjoon raises his arm and Jimin contently tucks himself under it, hugging Namjoon tightly.

"How was your day, Minie?", he asks. Jimin gulps heavily. He doesn't know where to start. He had been waiting to tell his parents about this the whole day but now that he's given the opportunity, he doesn't know how to speak out.

"Where's Dad?", he asks, changing the subject. He doesn't miss the Namjoon's face falls at the mention of Jungkook. "He's gone to Ilsan. Should be back in half an hour or so", he answers.

"I wanted to talk to you both about something", Jimin says with a quiet sigh. Namjoon watches his face carefully, immediately frowning. "Honey, what's the matter?", he asks.

Jimin opens his mouth to start speaking but Namjoon's ringing phone interrupts them. Namjoon's gives Jimin an apologetic look but the boy just shakes his head with a smile.

"Hello?"

"Is this Kim Namjoon speaking?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"This is Officer Park speaking, from the Seoul Police Department".

Namjoon's blood runs cold.

💓

Poor Joonie. Tch Tch Tch.

Why do you think the Police Department had to call him??