A couple of feet higher floated Malfoy and James. They scanned the air thoroughly, waiting for a spark of gold to appear.

"WITH ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POINTS, GRYFFINDOR AND SLYTHERIN ARE EQUAL. POTTER ONCE AGAIN, SCORES! HIS TEAMMATES AREN'T DOING AS WELL...ALL BLOCKED BY WEASLEY AND JORDAN."

Rose was astonished by Al's skills. She always knew he was talented in quidditch but wow, he really did carry his team. All that they needed was Malfoy to catch the snitch and the win would go to Slytherin...

She looked up at the boy hanging just above the hoops. His hair was lightly waving as the wind pushed it. She had never seen him look so...concentrative. He was attentively scanning the pitch when his eyes caught hers. Staring straight at him, Rose felt herself freeze. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't move her eyes away. It was as if they had locked in place and for some odd reason, Rose's mouth very slightly curved into a smile. His eyes widened just a little bit, before shaking his head and going back to scanning the field.

Something fluttered in her stomach when she thought of those stupid, weirdly captivating, grey eyes. Snap out of it! She pushed down the feeling and focused back on the game. The game. Yes, quidditch, not Malfoy's eyes. Quidditch. Why are you even thinking of his eyes

Suddenly a blur of green and red raced around the pitch, chasing a faint streak of gold.

"THEY'VE SEEN IT! MALFOY AND POTTER ARE NECK TO NECK, RACING FOR THE SNITCH. THE WIN IS NOW IN THEIR HANDS."

A sharp gust of wind blew past her each time they flew by. Malfoy shot up, flying straight into the sky. James, just a centimeter below him, followed him up. The blur of green and red fought to be first, each one lurching ahead, then falling behind. They stretched their hands up, zooming as fast as they could.

With a collective gasp from the crowd, Rose watched as Malfoy pushed up from his broom, completely letting go. Not even a millisecond later, his body crashed down onto the pit. Rose jumped up and gasped in horror.

"Scorpius!" Albus flew down as fast as he could, throwing his broom aside the moment he touched the ground and running towards his best friend.

Rose tried to say something but not even a squeak came out.

"Dear lord! What kind of madman lets go that high into the air?" Concern laced through Doms words as she stepped forwards to get a better look.

"Rose? Rose are you okay?" Dom gently shook her.

"I- what just happened?" She asked breathily.

Everyone was at the edge of their seats, waiting to see what would happen next. Albus was crouched next to his best friend, then put his arm around Malfoy's shoulders, supporting him up.

There was a second of silence as everyone took in his ripped robes and bruised body. There was a gash sitting near the corner of his mouth but it was almost as if Malfoy didn't notice a thing. With a grin plastered on his face, he shot his right hand into the air, tightly gripping the struggling golden ball.

Roars erupted from the Slytherin side as Malfoy and Albus stood there, grinning like there was no tomorrow.

"AND THE WIN GOES TO SLYTHERIN! 120 POINTS TO 250!"

"Well at least he's okay...that crazy son of a..."

~~~

It's been a couple of hours since the end of the quidditch game and everybody headed into the dining hall for lunch. Rose longed for a plate of spaghetti and meatballs to silence her growling stomach.