1:2| Rosephayne ✦ Intruder

Darker than Blanc
1st Life | Daybreak
©Emika_3206

.
.

[1: 2] —Rosephayne Intruder

.
.

Rosephayne was watering the herbs delicately with her spray bottle. She's really trying to be careful not to drown her herbs this time. See, she isn't a very good gardener, but due to necessity, she swore this time she will  grow her own herbs rather than buy the exorbitantly expensive ones from another kingdom. That plan had been rather bleak, considering that this is now her third batch of herbs.

She had been a notorious plant killer all her life. Even her decorative succulents died before!

But this time she was determined to grow her own crops and follow instruction manuals down to every letter.

However, this was just troubling. On a completely different topic— she was so sure someone had been stealing from her garden, and rather clumsily at that. They left their trail, which always ends up just before a bush, leading to the forest. She thought it was just a wild animal, feasting on the fallen apples, but now she was convinced it wasn't.

Because clearly whoever the thief was could climb trees!

So with her spray bottle in hand, she followed the trail.

Only to see a young boy curled up in a fetal position, hiding between the bushes. He looked severely malnourished, skin caked with dirt and grime. His clothes were like rags and there were dark rings beneath his eyes.

But those scars and tattoo marks.......

He had to be a glypse huh? Like the ones which could grant wishes. A mix of faerie and human. People were literally out for their blood or their magic that they were driven close to extinction. But what could a kid like that be doing here?

See Rosephayne was a healer but she is not a dark witch, so she doesn't need any live ingredients like faerie blood of rabbit heart or something stomach churning. She only makes medicine through herbs then sell them at a bazaar near the Anamniseis Kingdom.

How could this kid even breach the forest she was protecting?

But as the guardian of this forest, isn't this kid her responsibility now?

To be continued...