6:2 | Ruthanne✦ scars

Darker than Blanc
6th life| Carissimi
©Emika_3206

[6:2] — Ruthanne ✦ scars

Ruthanne had once hated her soulscars. There were angry scars splattered on her arms, on her legs. She could not wear the beautiful dresses her father bought from a foreign country. Those beautiful rose colored skirts, how she longed to wear those! But it was sleeveless, sadly it would reveal the angry gashes on her arms. And she hates it.

But then when she learned what the implications of the soulscars were, she felt as if a bucket of cold water was thrown at her face. She stilled in her mother's embrace as her mother wept, not for her but for her supposed soulmate.

"W-Why are you crying mom?" Ruthanne stuttered, as she wiped the tears from her mother's eyes. Her mother had been the strongest person she knows and to see the woman break down, not for her but for her supposed other half was frightening.

"Please stop crying, I'm getting worried."

"Ah my daughter," Her mother wiped a tear from her left eye, before turning back to Ruthanne with a severe expression. "Perhaps your quest to find your other half would be difficult after all."

Ruthanne could only stare at her mother in confusion.

In a world so obsessed with love, she never thought about finding hers.

Until now.