🔥Day 16: Bonfires🔥

Okay, before this chapter starts, I'd like to say a few things.

First of all, all of your comments in yesterday's chapter made me feel so much better, and I'm so lucky to have such kind and supportive readers like you! I love guys, y'all are the best!

Second, this would normally be a Saisy chapter, but I felt like doing all four of them today. i hope you don't mind! Sorry Saisy shippers!
Anyways, enjoy!

♥♥♥

It was an interesting night. The group wanted to do a bonfire. Luke and Hailey both agreed they should just go buy wood, but Jake insisted he could cut some.

So here they were. Wacthing Jake struggled to dig his axe into the log. Milly stood next to him, cheering him on. Daisy and Sean were both quietly laughing at his failure. Luke was fast alseep on Zander's shoulder, (Still traumatized from the ski lift, poor child) while the purple haired boy was insulting Jake every opportunity he got. Hailey stood several feet behind her boyfriend, disapprovingly shaking her head.

"Jake, here, let me do it." Sean stood up after endless minutes of laughing. He held out his hand, anticipating Jake had enough and would give in the axe.

"No, I got this, this is just a hard log." Jake said, glancing at Sean.

"Really? Then try another one." Zander sneered, as Jake glared at him. "You suck at this. Luke's already fallen asleep watching your sad excuse of cutting wood" Zander spat.

"Why don't you try then, Zander?" Jake said, a smug smirk falling on his face as a scowl spread across Zander's face.

"You know, maybe I will. And once I'm done, I'll shove that axe where the sun don't shine-"

"Okay! That's enough!" Hailey said quickly, stepping between the two boys.

"Hey guys!" The group glanced over to see Elliot coming towards them with several logs in his arms.

"Ellie? Where were you?" Milly asked, stepping forward as her boyfriend stopped in front of her.

"I got some logs! I found them over there by the frozen lake!" He said, nodding into the woods. "Don't worry, I examined the wood, and the tree wasn't spray painted or intoxicated, so we won't be burning toxic fumes. This tree died completely naturally, it was cut down by a beaver, you can tell by the-" Elliot was cut off by the pink haired girl.

"Alright, Babes. As much as I love you, nobody cares." She said, taking the logs from him and throwing them into the empty pile.

Hailey sighed, leaning down and organized the logs more neatly. "Thank you, Elliot." She said, smiling at the boy. "And you," Hailey says firmly, glancing back at Jake, who was now sitting down on the bench behind her. "Next time, listen to me."

"Yes, ma'am." Jake nods as Hailey walks towards him and sits down.

Elliot and Milly cuddled up in on the other bench, as Zander softly shook Luke awake. "Hey angel, wake up." Zander soflty whispered, as Luke's slowly opened his butterscotch eyes. "Hey." Zander smiled. "The idiot couldn't do it, so Elliot found some logs in the woods."

Luke woke up and glanced around. Everyone else seemed lost in their own conversations with their partners, as the small fire began to crackle. "Oh, Jake couldn't cut down the wood?" Luke asked.

"Yup." Zander said. Luke blinked a couple times, before Zander continued. "Told you. You owe me a latte."

"Mhm." Luke hummed softly, before clutching onto Zander's arm and putting his head back in it's earlier position, on his boyfriend's shoulder. Zander smiled at him, placing a kiss on the orange haired boy's head.

"Hailey! I'm sorry!" Jake whined, as his princess turned away from him.

"I told you! That's twice this trip you've refused to listen to me! I've been right both times!" Hailey said sharply, as Jake grabbed her arm, giving her puppy dog eyes as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Please~ I just want cuddles!" He whimpered, as Hailey sighed, finally giving in as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend.

Jake happily smiled, and quickly snuggled into her.

Finally, night time had approached. The night was almost silent, the only sounds being the crackling bonfire and the soft whistles formed by the wind.

Sean craddled a sleeping Daisy in his arms. Elliot and Milly shared a soft blanket, staring at the fire, folded in the cozy fabric. Zander had fallen asleep, using Luke's head as a pillow. Jake hummed a soft tune that only Hailey could hear. The melody he hummed was "Tonight".

Their song.

And with that, they all fell asleep to the sound of sizzling fire.

♥♥♥

Alternate ending: A big mean wolf named Zoey came and ate them all- wait what-

Again, sorry that it wasn't Saisy.
I hope you guys still enjoyed.

Jake is just as good of a wood-cutter as he is a chef. 👌

Anyways, until tomorrow, bye!!