part 20 - Developments

=

Huh....well that's....interesting?

"Dove and Thomas broke up huh?" you muttered to yourself, scrolling through your Tumblr as most of the Descendants fandom blew up about the two actors' separation. The two had split up two months ago and had been keeping it secret for their privacy, you snorted, remembering when the rumors of Thomas cheating on Dove with you when you and Harry were spotted walking around (where u live) which had surged up again in a different way when the fans (wrongly) accused Thomas with cheating on Dove with his costar, who was forced to reveal her own relationship to get Dove fans off her back.

You had met dove before, and she was....nice enough, but her "fans" were really something else, a lot of them couldn't get it through their heads that people were allowed to not like Dove and her characters. You had seen them message death threats to some of your mutuals just because they said "oh I don't like Dove"

There were definitely some that were more mature and left others alone but more often than not they were fucking insane. So, you did your best to stay out of that crowd.

You heard the usual sound of Harry's heavy steps behind you and held up your phone for him to see. He made a sound of confusion and gently pried the device from your grip and scrolled through the article.

A few moments of silence later loud boisterous laughter rang through your apartment. You turned, giggling as Harry hopped around the apartment in a way you haven't seen since the after-party for Mals Engagement Party.

"celebrate good times come on~" Harry sung to himself, spinning around midair and grinning at you. You just laughed and shook your head.

"what are you so excited for?" you asked, pressing your lips together to prevent any more bursts of laughter to escape your mouth.

"now those shipped me and the purple imp together got no ground ta stand on~" Harry cackled. You couldn't hold it anymore, loud peals of laughter escaping you as Harry continued to dance around your living room.

"oh, my gooood!" you giggling, falling to your side and holding onto your stomach. Harry side hopped over the couch and landed in front of you, setting your phone down on the coffee table behind him and grabbing your face. You squeaked and giggled as he pressed multiple little pecks to your face and lips "you-" you tried to get a breath, once again deterred by your laughter "why-don't you even feel a bit bad for them?"

Harry pulled back, looking off to the side and pursing his lips "I guess" he shrugged, turning back to you "I mean, they did end an....how long were they together?"

"About four years" you hummed, reaching under his arm and grabbing your phone.

"okay yeah, they did end an almost four-year relationship, I would guess they would both feel iffy about tha' so tha's all I feel bad abou' I guess? I never saw wha' they were like together so I have no say on if they were happy but...yeah, I feel bad that they were probably sad about it ending or something but now I don't gotta deal with all that Mal x me shit" he shivered, scrunching his face a bit.

You snorted and rolled your eyes, pressing a kiss to his nose and wiggling out of his arms "whatever, I gotta go" Harry whined and wrapped his arms around your waist, tugging you back towards him.

"whyyyyyyy" he huffed, pouting up at you and giving you his famous puppy dog eyes. You rolled your eyes and ran your fingers through his hair.

"I have a thing with Evie for....well you know" Harry perked up and quickly released you, his eyes shining with excitement.