Part 22 - planning

=

=

"beasty boy if yeh don' tell meh where we are goin' im goin' ta rip that pretty grin off yer face!" Harry growled, trying to rip the blindfold on his eyes off but once again Ben slapped his hands away.

"pretty? Thank you~ and no this is a surprise! You can't see anything until we're right where we need to be so hold on for just one more moment"

Harry was silent for a beat before he reached up to take off the blindfold again " 'ight that was a moment" he cackled a bit as Ben smacked his hand and he could feel the pout Ben was aiming at him.

"haha very funny now it's just around this corner!" Harry felt himself be tugged to the right and then abruptly stopped as Ben put his hands on his chest. "okay one moment"

"Ben" Harry warned, grinning slightly as Ben clicked his tongue at him and smacked his shoulder.

"okay....look!" Harry finally ripped off the blindfold, blinking fast from the sudden influx of sunlight that blinded him.

His jaw dropped as he looked at the large ship that rested in the docks before him. "I-Ben-wha'?"

Ben stepped in front of Harry and threw his arms wide open "this is my engagement gift to you and (y/n), I was planning on giving you this after your wedding but Evie gave me an idea that you two could use this to get married on!" Harry stared at the silvery-white sails that were held tightly by the pristine ropes.

"when-when did yeh start on this thing?!" Harry whispered yelled, climbing up the gangplank after Ben as the king went to give his friend a tour of his new ship.
Ben gave a sheepish smile at that ", uh, I had it commissioned a bit after the barrier came down, it was originally going to be an apology gift to you and (y/n) for...well...taking her away from you" Harry's expression soured at the mention of when the vks kidnapped (y/n) to have FG send her back to her world "but then you proposed to (y/n) and I switched it up to an engagement gift! And luckily it was done just in time for you to possibly get married on" Ben clapped his hands together excitedly as Harry smirked at him "come on! I want to show you the captain's quarters!"

Harry followed Ben in stunned silence, spinning on his heels as he looked up at the magnificent sails.

-

"whew" you breathed, leaning back in Evie's sewing char and stretching your back "all that work just for the dress form huh?" Evie let out a small laugh, slipping your work in progress dress back into the form after she had you try it on to make sure her measurements were correct.

"Yeah, pretty much" she hummed, picking up a roll of chiffon and drawing some out until she reached the amount she needed "there's a lot that goes into dressmaking, even more, when it's for a wedding"

Uma hummed in agreement, scrolling through your tablet and seeing your designs for your dress and the bridesmaid's "rose gold?" Uma asked, facing the screen towards you. You glanced at it and nodded.