Chapter 9

I walk over to the bonfire and am greeted by everyone. "Ross, Maia welcome!" They hand us sticks and of course marshmallows. Later the band and Laura join and she sits next to Ross. I cringe at the entire situation. She is talking to him and he is just nodding along I notice him looking at me. He mouthsthe words 'What is wrong' I ignore him and turn away nodding along to what Grace is saying. Randomly I decide to go for a swim. We go into the water and I go under a wave. My hair and entire body is wet. "I like your hair like that" he says, showing up at my side.
"What you mean wet?" I turn to see that everyone is watching us.
"Yeah it's nice!"
"Thank you I guess!"
"Please Maia you are my friend, my best friend what is wrong? Tell me!"
"You are dating Laura!"
"Ok so what?"
"So what, so what is that I love you Ross, I'm in love with you Ross! I was too afraid to tell you before but I love you!"
"Really?"
"I know now we can't be friends! You have a girlfriend I know the drill."
"That's not what I was going to say!"
"Ross when you told me that you and Laura were dating it hurt. When you told me Grace and you were dating you hurt me. Ross I love you and I have never known how to tell you that you are the only person I think about at night, you are the only guy I see. I can't find any flaw about you, and no matter how hard I try I can not get over you. Ross I love you!" He pauses and i know what's coming, he is going to tell me that our friendship is over. I was wrong instead he turns to me grabs me by my waist and pulls me in for a long kiss. "I love you Maia always have!" He kisses me and this time I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I can feel the intense stares on us. We pull out. He grabs my hand and we walk down the beach and around to the front of the hotel. We go to his room and sit on the couch. He gives me one of his shirts to put on over my bathing suit. We sat and talked, and kissed, but mostly kissed.

Ryland's POV
We were all sitting around the fire, when suddenly Maia goes down into the water. Ross follows her leaving Laura hanging on to her sentence. "Wow those two are glued to each other!" Jordon says
"Yeah it's like they are dating!"
"Nah they are just best friends!" I say
"Yeah you guys haven't seen them!"
"What do you mean?" Laura asks
"We were watching a movie last night me, them, piper, and John and they were cuddling, and being really annoying! I mean worse than when me and him dated!" Grace says
"Oh and not to mention the lunches together, they always swim together, especially in the morning, sometimes even surf together on the same board." Garrett adds
"Oh and don't even get me started about the mini golf it was just too cute, he was teaching her to swing the club correctly, it got really intense." Chrissie comments
"what?!?!?"
"Yeah" and then he pulls out his phone to show her the pictures.
"Laura aren't you dating him?" Riker stupidly comments
"Yeah! I don understand why he would do this?"
"Yeah I don't either!" I say and then we all turn and see them making out in the water. We all block Laura's view so she can't see. They grab hands and walk down the beach and around us long ways away and go inside, I can only imagine why? We all leave and go upstairs. Laura and I go right to Ross' room. Knocking on the door. Ross comes and opens the door shirtless still. He has been up here for at least like 20 minutes. I stare at him intently telling him to let her free and questioning what just happened on the beach. He closes the door behind him. "Hey babe I haven't seen you since you went swimming at the beach what happened?"
"You don't have any idea?"
"Noo why?"
"Oh uh nothing!"
"Well can I come in?"
"Oh um no!"
"Why not?"
"Just because!"
"Fine I'll see you tomorrow morning baby!" She leans up to kiss him and he dodges and she gets his cheek. She walks down the hall and gets into the elevator. "What the hell Ross!"
"..I..."
"I know Maia is in there, don't do this to Laura! What's wrong with you! Are you high?"
"Rydell it's love, the only drug I'm on, love, I love Maia and that's that."
"She's in there isn't she?"
"Yeah you can't tell Laura, if you do it'll hurt her so badly, I don't think I could do that."
"Why not?"
"Just don't, there's things you don't know?"
"Ok but you will have to explain it all to me later!"
"Ok fine whatever just go!"
"Ross you are being a bad person, and bad people don't win in the end!"
"Ok yeah whatever!"
That same week we left to head back to the states and if course Ross got away with it. He always does. He gets to keep Maia and not hurt Laura cause he's Ross! He gets away with everything, everything!