Chapter 3: where do we belong?

Maia's POV
"What's wrong Maia, why are you crying." Grace asked
"Nothing, she is just upset about Oliver, she just found out that he cheated on her with her best school friend also." Chrissie lied
"Very emotional, but she'll be fine." Mollee added
"Oh ok I understand now you've lost a friend and a boyfriend." as she said that I cried even more she didn't get it and I couldn't tell her the truth because it would ruin her relationship with Ross. I couldn't do that to her she likes him and he likes her. I wiped my tears and splashed my face with water and we walked out to get back on the plane. I sat back in my seat and just read The Fault in our stars the rest of the flight not even a word to anyone but the flight attendant to ask for a soda. I kept looking up and all I saw was either Grace running her hands through his perfect blonde hair or her sleeping on his shoulder, which is my shoulder to rest on not hers. as we got off the plane it was time to go our separate ways. I hugged everyone except Ross I couldn't bear it, I would just cry more. I got in a cab and went home trying hard to forget everything that happened and focus on my career ahead. I got to my apartment in LA and went to my room and went through my breakup routine. even though this wasn't a breakup it deserved the routine. I got a large carton of ice cream, a box of tissues all taylor swift albums in my house and a tapes of the notebook and dirty dancing. I sat on my couch and that's how I spent my day reading, eating listening to breakup songs, and watching my breakup movies over and over again while crying non stop. It was pathetic I never even unpacked. My luggage was just sitting there. sitting by my door waiting.

About 3 months later

Maia's POV
We would be holding a Disney carpet event to do some advertising for the movie for Disney. I still wasn't quite up for it, I hadn't seen Ross and Grace since the plane ride except on tv very once in a millennia. I was over him and over them, I wasn't gonna let it get to me. There was a ring at my doorbell, it was Ross. "Hey" he said when I opened it. I immediately slammed it in his face. "Oh come on, what did I do? You haven't talked to me in over a month, which feels like 20 years from my best friend."
"If you don't know what you did then you don't know me at all."
"Why don't you just tell me why."
"Because I can't...."
"Why not?"
"Because....I just can't...."
"Then can you at least open up and let me escort you to the event."
"Fine whatever" I said finally confiding and opening the door. "ok that's better, now how have you been"
"Why would you care?"
"Ok you let me in that's a win but why are you mad and so bitter towards me right now."
"I'm not why would you think that."
"I know you and that was sarcasm."
"Ross I'm fine there is nothing wrong, I'm just really upset."
"Why? We are best friends whatever is you can tell me."
"That's the problem were friends.... I can't tell you."
"But Ma...."
"Can we please just drop it and go or we are gonna be late."
"Ok so great let's go, the town car is waiting outside."
"You know I could've driven, right?"
"Yeah but then it wouldn't be special."
"And how is it special in a town car."
"Then we can be together and talk everything out, plus disney sent it for me and you as the stars."
"What about the rest of them."
"I don't know Disney called me and that's what they said."
"Ok let's go then"
"Yeah so how is everything going."
"Great um I kind've have a crush on Garrett so that's new." I said trying hard to make him jealous. We never dated but I need to blow everything off to make it seem like I have no feelings for him whatsoever. I need to get over him and Grace, get myself together and move forward. I need to find someone else. "oh that's great."
"Yeah so I was wondering if you could put a good word in for me and see if he likes me."
"Yeah definitely anything for you."
"Thanks that means so much" I said hugging him this was turning out to be a fun ride.