Chapter 8

Rydel's POV
We arrived at the airport. I was overjoyed to see Ross, but Laura really wasn't. She was worried out of her mind. I knew that they liked each other, but I think Laura and Ross love each other. I don't know I'm a bit confused myself, his love life is really not my business. he is a grown man and he can do what he wants with his life especially his love life. If he loves Laura then he loves her and if he loves Maia then he loves her. I must worry about my love life cause that one is a doozy. I love Ellington but I also love the band so if I decide to date Ellington and things go south then I put the band in jeopardy. I can't do that, can i, what if ya true love and I'm missing out on that. But what if it's not and I ruin our band and our family. "Rydel snap out of it, were here, we are going up to his room!"
"It's kind of late do you think he'll be there."
"I can almost guarantee that, it not like he has anything else to do."
"Like Maia." Rocky says quietly. we all snicker except Laura she just stares at him. deep into his soul, like a demon. We walk upstairs to his room and knock, the door is cracked open. We decide that we should just peek in to see if he's there. I walk in first and check. They all stay behind. I see something I don't think Laura should, so I walk out "Yeah so he's in there but he's sleeping, let's not disturb him."
"Let's just wake him up!"
"I'm not sure that is the best idea!"
"Why not, is he with someone?"
"No not per say...lets just go!"
"No let's go in." she pushes past me and goes inside yelling wake up quietly as she walked in. Laying on his bed, cuddled in a bundle of blanket(fully clothed I might add) is Maia and Ross. His arms around her waist her head on his chest sound asleep. "Wake up!" Laura screams obviously upset by the situation. All of a sudden Maia has a pocket knife at her throat. "woah!"
"Holy crap Laura. Don't scare me like that, I thought you were an intruder!"
"Why do you have a pocket knife!"
"I sleep with one don't you!"
"No! No one does!"
"Ok but ahhhhh your here I am so excited! When did you get in?"
"Bout an hour ago." Ross begins to stir and I give him that look like 'you in trouble' face. He looks to Maia then to Laura then to all of his emotions show, guilt, fear, and pain reaching across his face. Grabbing hold of his jaw from behind and ripping the sleep from his face. "Uh guys, Laura what are you doing here?" He asks
"Visiting, Ross! But it looks like you already have one!" Rocky says slyly
"Oh no no we were just having a movie date!" Maia says
"A date?" Laura questions
"Well yeah!"
"Really?"
"Oh right I forgot date means something different to you! we were having a movie hang out. Grace and John were just here like 20 minutes ago I guess we fell asleep."
"That explains why the door was cracked!" I try to reason out.
"I guess so what time is it?"
"It's about 9:00 at night!"
"Oh crap Ross we have to go to that thing!"
"Oh yeah the thing!"
"What thing?"
"We have a cast bonfire tonight!"
"Oh cool!"
"come if you want just down on the beach!"
"Ross you are going to go with her rather than spending time with your girlfriend?" I could see the blood flush from her face.
"You and Laura are dating?"
"Well yeah!" He says
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know I'm sorry!"
"Just don't Ross!" She says and walks quickly out of the room.
"Maia wait?" He yells running after her, swim shorts in hand. "Ross why do you care so much bout her?"
"I love her, she is my best friend and always will be.!" he continues running.

Maia's POV
He is dating Laura and we have been here for a month and he didn't say anything the entire time. I get out of the room and start running down the hallway. He runs after me, he stops me. "Maia what is wrong?"
"What do you think is wrong?"
"I have no idea!"
"Ross you and I have been hanging out here for a month and you never mentioned her."
"I'm sorry I just wanted to spend time with you and I thought she would change things between us."
"Ross of course it does!"
"Why should it!"
"Because it does!" I set off running again down the stairs and across the street to the beach. I plop down in the sand and start crying! Why, when I thought I was over him, this happens. Memories flood mind of hanging out, fighting, and of course Laura flirting with him. I never thought much of it. I mean they were co stars they spent hours everyday together I never thought this would happen. He comes running and sits next to me panting. "Maia what's wrong?"
"Ross let's just go to the bonfire and forget!"
"No Maia."