Chapter 4 An Ancient Power Awakens

The halls are silent with only the sound of his footsteps, as Sid walks to his office. He opens the door and walks in closing the door behind him. Sid went over to his desk setting the paper down before sitting down. "I have read about this weapon before... but where? And that strength.... such power..." Sid looks over at his bookcase that wrapped around the backside of his office. A tall mirror located right across from Sid's desk lit up, moments later Lord Death appears. "Hiya Sid... So what do you make of our newest student?" Sid stood up and goes over to the mirror with the piece of paper. "I don't know just yet, but something about that weapon and the power it had... I have read about this weapon somewhere once before.. However, what I do know is that this exact weapon was used by a powerful witch family centuries ago. It's power was thought to be eliminated when.... a Deathscythe killed the witch that had possessed the weapon."

Lord Death places his hand just under his mask. "Hmm, I don't recall ever sending a Deathscythe to....." Lord Death pauses a moment. "Ahh, I do remember now..." His voice becomes slightly more serious. "Sid I need you to do some more research. Find out how it is possible that this weapon and its power, has made its way into Augustine after all this time." Sid nods. "Yes sir." The mirror goes back to normal as Lord Death disappears. Sid walks over to his bookcase, and browses for an old book. Now it is around here somewhere.... ahh yes here it is. This book has a record of witches in the past. Something in here should explain what is going on.

Walking back to his desk and placing his book down, he walks over and takes a seat. Sid starts flipping through pages, stopping randomly long enough to read sections before continuing. He takes the paper and begins matching it up with different symbols within the book. "I knew it..." he said out loud to himself. "But how is that possible... Unless...." Sid stands up and rushes over to his bookcase and pulls out another book. He flips through the pages and stops on a random page, then walks back to his desk and starts comparing some note he wrote down. "Augustine... is a direct descendent of the powerful witches. The real question is does he even know about his history?"

A knocking can be heard on Sid's door, he made his over and opend the door. Spirit is stood on the other side. "Hello Sid, Lord Death told me that he wanted me to keep an eye on Augustine." Sid motioned for Spirit to come in, Spirit noded and walked in and Sid shut the door behind him. "Is that so... well I don't believe he knows of the power he has within... This would also explain why those men were after him. Apparently someone knows of his powers and possible abilities." Spirit sits down in front of the desk. "So what are we supposed to do? Tell him or wait for him to realize that he has enough power to level a small city? Lord Death told me that the people Augustine thought were his parents weren't really his parents. But instead agents assigned to keep an eye on him, and were to report about anything suspicious."

Sid walked over and sat down at his desk and looked over the books and the paper with a bunch of notes on it. "What I don't understand is why after all this time, this ancient power has come to life. Spirit, I want you to inform me of whatever you find as well as Lord Death. Spirit stands up and nods. "I will do my best." Sid nods and Spirit heads towards the door. "Spirit..." Spirit stops and looks back. "Just make sure no harm comes to him... that power he possess is extremely dangerous. Which is why we must ensure that we work with him to control his transformations." Spirit nods again and opens the door and walks out, closing it behind him.

Augustine just better try hard to contain his power... there is a very thin line between being a weapon to being a witch.... All it takes is for one thing to go wrong... then be forever labeled a witch forever. Sid closed his eyes and takes a deep breath. he closes up the books with his notes inside and slides them to the corner of his desk. Sid then stood up and and walked over to his door, opened the door and shut off the light. As he closed the door the light from the hallway illuminated the stack of books before the door closes completely.