[𝟑𝟐] 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

"I'm adopted." I shrug like it's not a big deal. When in actuality it's a huge deal. I mean, I'm adopted. My mom isn't my mom and my dad isn't my dad. Well, they are, but not biologically.

That's crazy. It's crazy, right? Up until two weeks ago, I'd thought I was blood-related to Spencer and Ray. Oh my god, my brother isn't my brother.

Fuck Ray, hate that bitch. I'm glad I'm not related to her. But my favorite sibling isn't even my sibling.

"What? Since when?"

I freeze, angling my head to look at him. "Since I was born?"

"Oh." He clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck. "Am I stupid?"

"Clearly." I snort. This little system of him folding clothes and handing them to me goes on for almost an hour before his phone alarm goes off. He turns it off, standing up before offering me his hand. "What?"

"It's nine." He tells me.

I furrow my eyebrows, nodding. "Yeah, I know."

"It's breakfast time."

On instinct, my head begins constructing various excuses for me. But I know better. So rather than using one of the numerous excuses I have, waiting to be used, I let the corner of my lips turn up in a small smile and say, "Go wake up Annie to start making breakfast."

He frowns. "I can cook for you too."

I giggle, rising from my spot on the floor. I get on my tiptoes, leaning up to give him a little kiss on the lips. "Then go and be hubby material then."

He smiles, dipping his head down and pressing a longer kiss to my mouth. "Okay, stop, my lips are chapped."

He pulls away, turning for the door. "Gracie?"

"Yeah?" I say, folding my legs under each other to resume the folding and packing on my own.

"Put on some chapstick, mkay?"

❛❜

I wound up packing for about an hour more after Sam left the room. He[ and Annie are posted up in the kitchen cooking breakfast and for once Easton had gone home. Ray however is nowhere to be seen and I'm praying she's left to look for a job.

Perhaps that makes me sound like a dick but I'm serious. I love her although I loathe the actual fuck out of her, ya' know? She can't live with me for the rest of her life. She can't rely on me for money and food and basic necessities anymore. She's 19, so shouldn't she be doing those sorts of things on her own by now?

I understand that things aren't entirely easy for her. I mean, the girl's anxiety is just as bad as mine is. But... I don't know. I just feel like she needs more independence. I feel like I'm her mother.

Back to what I was saying, I'm still stuck packing as the two morons stay cooking me breakfast. I've surprisingly made a ton of progress with packing. Not that it required much effort.

I only intend on staying for a week, perhaps two. I can't stay too long thanks to classes but I also can't stay for too short of a period because I want to spend time with dad. And possibly my biological mom, if everything goes smoothly.

Please don't screw this up for me, Life.

I'm excited. But I'm honestly terrified as well. For obvious reasons like: what if she doesn't like me. Or, what if I didn't turn out the way she wished me to.

A knock comes from the other side of my door, prying me from my thoughts. Before I can even invite them in, the door creaks as Ray sticks her head through the door.