[𝟑𝟑] 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Now sat in the kitchen with the girls, I contemplated whether or not I could pull off slipping out of the house and going over to mom's house

I absolutely could, I suppose. But I also couldn't. I'd feel awful for leaving Grace and not telling her, especially when she was looking forward to visiting my mom later.

About fifteen minutes into their catching up, I'd realized my phone had died. Of course, I could charge it but then Grace would want to go with me to get it from the car and I wouldn't want to interrupt.

So, really, the entirety of the situation isn't all that severe. If I'm being honest, I could easily sneak out to go get my charger or see my mother but I rather not because...

Because I suddenly have separation anxiety.

...because I want to hear about their all-interesting discussion. Afterall, it seems terribly fascinating.

"No, way! Your dad is such a liar; he told me you kids were the ones that dragged him there!" Grace's aunt explains, taking a sip of tea.

The angelic sound of Grace's giggle fills the room, and I nearly snap my neck to catch the expression of pure contentment that crosses her features when she smiles or laughs.

"So, Sam, you got any amusing stories to share? I feel like we've left you out of the conversation."

I shake my head, smiling politely at my girlfriend's aunt. "Uh... I don't really have any stories, at least not family stories, I don't think."

"Oh, alright. Tell me about your family, then, sweety."

"Well, I'm one of three siblings. I've got a brother and a sister, their names are Madison and Grant. Grant's the oldest, I'm the middle child, and Maddie's the youngest."

Grace's aunt nods, realization flooding her features, "Yeah, I've met Madison; sweetest of sweet girls."

I grimace, nodding like I don't understand what language she's speaking, "Uh-huh, yeah, sure."

She laughs at me, her hand covering mine as she pats it then pulls away.

"What about your parents, hon?"

"Mom's a few blocks away and uhm... Dad... he's just been gone for work," I lie, nodding and smiling sheepishly, praying to god that nobody has informed her of my dad's death.

I glance at Grace to find her still looking through her phone, unaffected as she was before.

"Grandparen-" The blonde woman is interrupted by the ringing of her phone. She presses the small device to her ear after answering the call and holding up a finger at both me and Grace.

She stands from her seat and moves into the living room. "Hello?"

Grace sighs, setting her phone down on the counter we're seated at.

"My head hurts," She mutters, rubbing her temples.

"Are you hungry?" I lean over, frowning and rubbing her jean-clad knee. She shrugs, standing up and moving in front of me. She wraps her arms around my waist and lays her head on my shoulder.

"I miss my dad," She whispers, kissing my shoulder. I pet at her hair as she murmurs random things like she always does.

"We'll see him soon, Gracie."

She scoffs, shaking her head before looking up at me, her chin on my chest, "My dad works like his entire being depends on it. He'll take forever."

"Then..." I trail off, trying to think of a way to make her feel better about her whole "I miss my dad" thing, "We can watch a movie. Oh! Or we can take a seriously killer nap. Or even go to get food?"

Grace opens her mouth to say something else when she gets cut off by her aunt's screaming.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN A CABINET FELL, ASLAN?!"

Grace and I exchange a look, trying to keep in our laughter.

"THOSE ARE NEW! I- I DON'T CARE, PUT CONNOR ON THE PHONE!" She yells, "Aslan- no! Don't you dare! River is going to ruin them with markers! ASLAN-"

Her aunt groans loudly, practically running into the kitchen where me and Grace are just staring at each other, hoping it'll keep our laughter at bay.

"I'd really love to chat more but your cousin and her kids are making the biggest mess at the new house. And to be quite frank, I do not have the money to spare in order to fix anything big," She informs my girlfriend, before narrowing her eyes at us, "If you two need to laugh, please wait until I-"

Both me and Grace burst out laughing, interrupting the words of the blonde woman. Grace latches onto my arm and hides her face in my shoulder, trying to stifle her laughter. I smack her on the back of her head, unintentionally fueling her laughter.

"Grace, stop," I whisper, patting her back. I crane my neck to look at Grace's aunt to find that she's nowhere to be seen. I playfully shove Grace off of me, "Look what you did, dork, she left."

Grace wipes at her eyes, looking around the room. Her eyes widen and she runs out of the kitchen to say bye to her aunt before we can exchange any other words.

❛❜

"Samuel, I swear to everything holy, I will murder you if you continue to poke my fucking back," Grace hisses, shoving me away from her and scooting to the other end of the couch.

I furrow my eyebrows at her and close the space between us by scotting to sit next to her, "Try it."

"Oh, yeah?" She quirks an eyebrow at me, cocking her head to the side.

"Mm-hm."

"You're sure?"

"Yep,"

She smirks mischievously, "You're so dead, winters."

I frown, "But you make me feel so alive."

She bites back a smile, shaking her head at my words.

"Sam, you've secured the bag, you don't need to flirt with me."

I lean into her, my plain brown eyes staring into her vibrant blue ones, "You're no object, my love. I secured a beautiful, strong, goddess, not a paper McDonald's bag."

"With all due respect, hon, getting McDonald's is tons more exciting than I'll ever be," She objects, her teeth still dug into her perfect bottom lip. I grin at her, my thumb plucking her lip out from in between her teeth.

"Oh, well, I beg to differ."

She giggles as I shower her face in kisses. My hands find their way to her waist and I continue to kiss as many freckles as I can.

"Sam," whines my girlfriend that has somehow ended up under me.

"Yes?"

"My face has had enough," she insists, poking her puckered lips with her index finger in hopes I'll actually kiss her, "my lips want a turn now."

She grins like the idiot she is, fondness apparent in her beautiful eyes as she gazes up at me.

Our lips are just about to touch when I dip my head down near her ear. "Breakfast time, love."

Just as I say this, both of our phones sing the same annoying tone.