9 - Anything, But Normal

"We've been getting a ton of microquakes it's crazy," Luna took her mask off placed it on the counter. Brian locked the door behind them. Lofie tossed her keys onto the kitchen island. "You better get ready your shift starts in like 30 mins Bri."

"Y-you aren't coming to work today?" Brian said as he slipped his shirt off. 

"Bobby doesn't want me on duty until my very last therapy session," Luna shrugged, "I'll drive you when you finish your shower." Brian jogged up the stairs to get ready. Luna plopped down onto the couch scrolling through her phone. Luna's phone buzzed, it was Shiloh. She accepted the FaceTime call.

"I'm about to drop Bri off at the station, how 'bout you?" Lofie responded taking another sip of her drink.

"Ah, I'm about to start my first 12-hour shift of the week. Nice to see you uh... Like your entire face, I guess." Shiloh chucked.

"I-, rare to see that this day. Well, I think I hear Brian finishing up his shower. I'll let you go Si, have a hopefully decent shift."

"Alright, Say hi to everyone for me," Shiloh waved at her camera.

"Will do! Say hi to Chris for me too, Tell him I'll text him later, bye." Luna hung up the call and placed her phone down. She grabbed the keys over the counter and spun them around her fingers while waiting for Brian to finish. A few minutes later Brian came out with his hair slightly matted from his shower, "I'm ready, let's go." Luna nodded and grabbed her mask, wallet, and phone.

     Luna and Brain pulled up into the station. Luna and Brian got their temperatures checked at the door of the station and proceeded to walk in. Brian proceeded to the locker room. Luna made her way up the stairs to the kitchen. She saw Bobby and Hen talking at the station kitchen island. She hushed Bobby as she tiptoed behind Hen. She placed her hand on Hen's shoulders, "Is that..? Ex-Sargent, Firefighter, Luna Spacer?" Luna laughed.

"It is I," She stepped aside and did a little dance. "Well, you're in a cheery mood," Hen smiled.

"As cheery as I can be after being assaulted, having a suicidal breakdown, and PTSD episode in one week right before a global pandemic struck," Luna sighed taking a seat down next to Hen. Bobby and Hens eye's widened. They were taken back slightly. She looked at the both of them and gave her a weary look,  "You guys can laugh goodness," Bobby shook his head and laughed. She passed the gear racks. She looks at her jacket with her last name imprinted at the bottom in those neon-yellow colors. It was sweet of them to still keep her jacket hung up after all these months she's been MIA. The ground started to rumble.

"What was that, a four?" Hen wondered out loud. Eddie came from behind Hen loading extra supplies into the truck, "Eh? That felt like a dud. Couldn't have been anything more than a three." Lofie walked around the corner. "I bet that was a 3.6-ish. Either bigger one," Lofie leaned up against the truck next to Buck and Marcus. Lofie peered over Buck's shoulder and looked at his phone, "CalTech has been tracking the microquakes these past few days, Thousands of them." Buck informed. Bobby walked by, "That didn't feel micro to me."

_____

"That does not go there," Chimney stated looking up at the bus stuck out of the building.

"In all my days," Brian shook his head.

"And just when I thought I've seen it all." Brian sighed and started walking into the building. He pressed the elevator button holding the door open so everyone could get inside. He stuck her key in the emergency button and switched it to operator mode. Brian estimated roughly where the bus would be. The elevator was mostly silent. Basic elevator music playing in the ambiance. "Woah hey um, the Hollywood Reservoir is like 2 and a half billion gallons of water; Where's all that water gonna go?" Buck asked.

"My mom survived the damn break in the 60s, Fallen Hills, Water only ever want to go one direction. Out to sea." Hen commented. As she finished the elevator dinged and everyone slipped their masks on. The elevator opened to the front of the city bus and smashed through glass windows. The whole room in chaos. Everyone was slightly taken back by the scene that was in front of them. Bobby stepped out first with the rest following behind. Buck, Eddie, Brian, and Markus stayed inside the elevator to the top floor to secure the bus. Chimney took care of the lady on the ground of the office. Bobby examined the bus further. The people inside let out their cries for help. They attempted to make their way toward the bus door. The bus started to shift, "Aye, don't move! We've got people on top trying to stabilize this. Hen, Bobby, and Brian continued to assist and help people from outside the broken glass windows.

"This is Diaz, be advised, Buck and North are about to touch down. Once he's there I'll send the webbing to secure the bus." Buck and Marcus hopped down from the top of the building. As they both landed the bus once again started to shift. "Landed" Buck and Brian simultaneously said.

"Okay, we got some good new Cap, Automatic exfil is working on the natural gas tanks up here simultaneously..." Buck started.

"...at least we know this thing is hopefully not going to explode," Brain finished. Buck and Brian continued to secure hooks and chains from the top of the building to the bus, "Gentlemen, where we at?" Bobby asked.

"End's are secure heading for the middle," Brian reported. Buck managed to get the last hook on before realizing there was another person trapped under the bus. "Chimney, I got her. Go ahead," Bobby assured him and nodded. The man under was in fact alive. But the next question is how do we get everyone out with him underneath the bus? Boddy needs Eddie and Markus to loosen the webbing to get the bus to swing back to Keith out. Attached to tethers Hen, Buck, Chimney, and Bobby walked into the bus with Hen instructing them. Brian assisted the people in the back. Bobby helped the driver off and eventually the lady with the pink apron off as well. Bobby and CJ were still on the bus when he commanded Eddie to let the bus back a little bit. Everyone was concerned as Bobby was delaying. The bus was tilted back as Chimney and Buck rushed to get the man out from under and onto the backboard.

Eddie and Markus brought the heavy winch back securing the bus once again. Brian looked and back at the bus, "Bobby?! I'm starting to smell fuel-" Buck rushed onto the bus from the hallway yelling. He attempted to follow him before they got blown back. The tank in the bus burst. Brian was the first one to get up before and ran back onto the bus. Buck is closely behind them. The smoke eventually cleared as she saw Bobby on top of CJ protecting him from the blast. A sight of relief went over them as they saw that both of them were okay. Buck and Brian helped them off the bus and back downstairs. 

.

.

.

 "Bus inside the building has to be one for the books," Luna commented as Brian walked into their shared apartment. "Made headlines,"

"You would've loved it," Brian chuckled. He placed his backpack down and kicked he shoes off.

"Definitely would've traded that for therapy." She remarked.

"Quake didn't cancel your appointment?" 

"Fortunately not,"

"So how did that go?" Brian grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. 

"I am all clear physically," Luna shrugged.

"You don't sound too happy about it, how about mentally?"

"Still my call," Brian placed his bottle on the counter. He swung himself over the couch landing next to her. Luna leaned back as she browsed through the channels. "Can I know what that call is?" Brian inquired.

"I don't know myself," She paused her browsing. "Hopefully before the trial, I don't know what If I run into him or his victims on a call, then I freeze."

"I'm more worried about you tearing him to shreds than freezing hun," Brian cocked his head to the side, "but I get it, and the team does too," Luna nodded. She leaned on his shoulder, "Thanks for taking care of me though,"

"Always Bestie, always."