Prologue

.

.

.

Their backs slammed against the concrete wall, breathing heavily. They watched as bullets flew past from behind them. The wall shook as the multiple impacts of bullets slammed from the other side.

"We need to get the hell out of here!" Eddie yelled over the crossfire. Luna and Micah agreed. Harry attempted to sneak out to another rock to take better shots but was halted by shot to the head and dropped. Lofie, Bee, Micah and Brian turned toward him. Micah impulsively tried to follow him Lofie instantly knew what Micah was thinking, "Don't go, it's suicide Micah!"

"But we got to help," Micah urged.

"He's already dead! At least wait for the bullets to cool down," Eddie argued.

"You know better than this Micah!" Luna called out.

"Commander Anderson called for a retreat and I order you to-" Lofie debated. She tried to grab Micah's arm but it was too.

Repetitious strikes to the head and chest

.

.

"MICHHHAAAAAA"
.

.

.

    "Lofie? Luna?!" Eddie shook her gently. Luna snapped back into reality sweating. Eddie fured his eyebrows at her in concern. Tears started to prick in her eyes. "Hey hey, are you with me Luna?" Eddie asked. She nodded slowly focusing on Eddie

"Is it about..." Eddie trailed off having a strong gut feeling. It sank his heart to witness it too.

"Ya," She replied. "I-i'm sorry Eddie'

"Papa? what's wrong?" Christopher asked stumbling into the room.

"Everything is okay right now..." Eddie replied attempting not to worry his son. Luna heard the concern the boys voice. She stood up walked over to Christopher, "Even when you grow up sometimes your brain plays tricks on you," Luna reassured him. She smiled and gave Chris a bear hug and ruffled his hair lightly. "Thanks for worrying about me buddy," Lofie felt a buzz in her pocket. It was a text from Brian.

__

Brian

Are we still on for lunch? Waiting for you :/

Lofie

give me like 10 sorry 😞

Brian
*

sigh* -fine

__

"Who is that?" Chris asked innocently peaking at her phone.

"Remember my bestie Brian, I'm meeting him lunch. I have to go but I'll see you two later," Lofie said.

"Bye Lofie," Chris waved her goodbye

"Bye buddy," Lofie smiled ruffling Christopher's hair, "Goodbye to you too, big guy" Lofie hugged Eddie.

"Are you sure you're alright Luna?" Eddie quietly spoke by her ear.

"I will be, I'll catch you at work later" She soberly smiled.

"Okay take care of yourself.... please." She nodded as she moved towards the door. She finally waved the two a final goodbye as she closed it behind her.

"Daddy I hope Luna will be okay," Chris said.

"Me too little guy, me too...." Eddie sighed.