14 - Ghost

"Hey, probie you alright? Looks like you saw a ghost I know last night was pretty heavy," Luna took the waiting seat next to him.

"No no, I'm okay," He shook his head still looking down at his lap.

"I know a fake okay when I hear one. It's alot to take in, just take it easy. You can talk to me or anyone else about it. Thats what we're here for," She reassured him and patted his back. He stay quiet and nodded. "I gotta check on someone else, but I'll see you on your next shift," She smiled before getting up. She patted him on the back before exiting the hospital waiting room.

.

.

"I hear Lou's coming back to work today, oo- you heard they're getting a temp replacement for Chim?" Brian asked. Lofie rubbed the back of her head, "Better be cute," Luna jokingly whispered she nudged Brian. "That's good to hear Lou coming back, I haven't talked to him since he started rehab," Brian noticed Lofie rubbing her again for the 7th time and the past 2 hours, "Amour, Does your head still hurt? I swear if you need me to take you in again, I don't know how in the hell you haven't died from the multiple concussions you gotten in the past year," Brian exclaimed looking at her than back one the road.

"Hey, the bastard always went for the brains so I couldn't outsmart him and I still did," Lofie tapped her head and smirked. "I know that once I catch up on my shifts I will be in.." she paused dramatically, "taking the time to heal on these days off," She wiped the sweat from her forehead and slid out the passenger side of the ambulance.

.

.

"Get the gurney over here, we got him," Bobby spoke over the radio. Brian and Lofie strolled the gurney to the dug-up spot. A pile of dirt was aside a hole revealing a wooden. crate-like, coffin with a man now sitting beside it. "Dispatch we've located and extracted the victim, beginning medical assessment."

"Copy that 118, he's all yours"

"Hey Lofie get me a line," Hen asked. Lofie quickly aided Hen. They were able to stabilize the victim and load him into the ambulance. Lofie looked and observed the area seeing Taylor reporting just outside the police caution tape barrier. She turned around quickly around to the other side of the truck, making sure she was out of frame. She didn't like nor disliked Taylor. Credit where credit is due, Taylor was a witty woman. She rearranged the gear they used loading it back on the truck. Lofies eyes wandered and caught the glimpse of a familiar Dodge Charger that pulled in. 'A case like this on his first day back,' As his tall frame stepped out of the car his eyes searched around till they made eye contact with hers. Lofie adjusted her straps nervously trying to find a smile in his eyes. His gaze was colder... She forced an awkward grin and adverted her initial gaze. She radioed Bobby, "Captain Nash, This is Spacer, Detective Ransone is on the scene now,"

"Copy that Firefighter Spacer, on my way towards you." Bobby responded back.

Lofie still facing the direction of the truck, picked up steps walking towards her. The footsteps stopped right next to her. He towered over her though also tall, 5'7 figure. "Good to see you, Ransone," Lofie finally greeted him still avoiding eye contact.

"Right back at you Spacer, where is Captain Nash?" He spoke briskly.

"Already radioed for your presence," Bobby stopped next to the two of them, "Captain," Lou greeted. "Good to have you back, Detective," Bobby greeted back.
"Feels good to be back, so what do we've got," Lou got down to business. The three of them walked toward the coffin site.
"Victim is on the way to the hospital, a singular bullet wound in his upper right abdominal quadrant. Treated, stable at the time of transport," Luna started.