19 - Loose it

Luna clicked shut the door behind them. Claudette's funeral, usually paramedics don't go to these but it felt different. It felt personal- no it didn't feel right. "Welp, I feel like taking a nap," Brian said. He propped his crutch against the wall.

"You need it big guy, I might go out for errands. Want anything?"

"You already know," Luna nodded. She did already know. She new him all to well. Better than she knew herself. Brian trudged up the stairs in his boot to go sleep. It was still relatively early in the day. Luna changed out of the all-black into more comfortable clothes. She sat down to catch up on some local news and finish the laundry. She heard a soft knock on the door. She groaned, hating to get off the couch. She walked towards the door and looked through the peephole. It was Lou. She smiled and unlocked the door. "Hey you," she greeted. Lou responded with a warm embrace. Luna melted into his arms. "Aw... I needed that,"

"Sounds like you do," Lou pecked her cheek. "I heard about the funeral this morning," Lou rubbed her back and delivered a gentle squeeze.

"Yea, it was different. Just can't seem to shake it. She was fine, responsive last I saw her alive..."

"I'm sure you guys did everything you could,"

"That's what doesn't add up," Luna moved past Lou to lock the door behind him.

"Do you need me to look into it?"

"No, no, It's been an off-felling week and in general anyway," He nodded. "I'm sorry, make yourself cozy. I was just listening to some news and finishing some laundry. Brian is knocked out upstairs," Lofie opened her arm inviting him in. She turned around and strolled back to her position on the couch. Lou slipped his shoes and jacket joining her. He took seat next to her. Luna went back to folding laundry and placing it in organized piles. "We should go see to the Observatory sometime, if you ever want to go? Just me and you," Lou commented.

"Sounds lovely, just me and you?"

"Of course. Unless you want to invite anyone else? It would be a nice date. Get out of our apartments for once" Lou shrugged.

"I love our apartment dates though, I think have a weekend off coming up soon, let me check my schedule," Lofie pulled out her phone. As she scrolled to find her calendar, a text from Hen popped up in a notification, 'Me n' Chim are doing some detective work on Jonah, wanna help?' And chuckled to herself and replied, 'I know a really good detective Hen, he could do some looking into it too. I am also with said detective :p'

Hen:
I wanna get some solid evidence first then to bring to Bobby, then maybe then we can get that love of yours involved.

Luna:
Valid, I want updates.

Hen:
Gotcha

Sidetracked by Hen's text Lou peeped up again, "So how about it?"

"Uh- I should be the weekend of the 17th." Luna turned her phone screen off and tossed it to the side?" Luna turned her phone screen off tossing it to the side, "It can be just us, spend some time together. Alone," Luna grinned.She scooted toward Lou and leaned against him, Lou lifted his hand up placing it around her shoulder. Lou smiled sorrowfully and kiss her forehead. "Alone," Lou reassured her. "Ah- you're too sweet for me," Late into the evening, the two got some other chores around the house done. Brian woke up again ate, used the bathroom, and knocked himself back out. If an adult was sleeping that much you could tell he was absolutely exhausted. Lou had work again in the morning so he left leaving Luna alone in the living room again. Her phone buzzed illuminating the dim living room. Again Luna pulled picked it up from the coffee table, it was Hen.