7 - Untitled

Athena's shoes clicked on the floor of the hospital. She lightly knocked on the door, "Come in," she heard faintly. She pushed open the door to see Bobby still at Luna's side. She laid in the hospital bed unconscious hooked up to a few IV drops and an oxygen mask covering her nose and mouth. Bobby cradled her hand in his, "I thought I would find you here." Athena said placing a cup of freshly brewed coffee on the table. "Dad...." Bobby whispered, he focused on Luna's hand. "I thought your father passed?"

   "There was only one other time she called me that," Bobby thought out loud. Athena placed her hand on his back. "She looked up to you like a father. Any update from the doctor?"

"She is slowly trying to compensate from a lot of blood loss. Malnourished and with severe fatigue, some deep bruises. No permanent spinal damage thankfully. She's excepted to make a full recovery thank the Lord," Bobby drifted off still overwhelmed with worry. "I should've checked in on her, I drive past her place every day past work- I failed as her captain,"

"No no no Bobby, she's alive right now thanks to you, You need to take it easy, we're all worried about her. I think we all regret not doing more" Athena took a seat in another chair next to Bobby. Brian walked with some food and noticed Athena, "Oh hey 'Thena," Brian greeted.

"My goodness... are you alright baby?" Athena looked at Brian deep and dark bags under his eyes. They were puffy and red, probably from crying. Being the mom, and friend, she was concerned for his well-being, "I know you're not the one in the bed hospital, but you need rest." 

"I know but I promised her," He glanced at the unconscious Luna, "I drove all night straight from 'sico. I promised I would be by her side no matter what. Dammit, she's the only family she's all I got left, I almost lost my best friend Athena. I would be dead without her. Oh gosh, It's all my fault... I shouldn't have gone on that trip. With my head up my own... ugh" He ran his hand through his black matted hair and sighed. Tears slipped from his eyes. Athena got up and hugged Brian, "Hey hey hey look at me," Athena directed. "This is NOT your fault Brian, as close as we are to someone we never know what thoughts are brewing until it's too late. The last thing we are as human beings is perfect. She IS alive and she IS here, that's what matters. I think I know what drove her over the edge." Brian rubbed his eyes and sat down, "You're right," 

Another knock was heard on the door. Nate, another man and Chris stood there. Chris was in full uniform, "Captain Nash, Firefighter North, Sargent Grant," Chris greeted.

"Detective Ransone, Lieutenant, Doctor," Athena greeted back.

"Has she awoken yet?" The detective asked. Brian shook his head, "No, what do you need now?" Brian questioned.

 "To do my job," The detective looked him up and down.

 "She should come too soon," Nate walked over and checked her vitals. She started to notice her bp had risen higher than he would have liked. "Can we all talk in the hall?" Ransone asked. They all took a step out in the hallway, "Was Luna acting strangely before and or after she hit her head?"

"Like I said before, Hen said she brushed it off. Hen wouldn't let her go like that if it wasn't serious but she insisted she was fine. So she told me to call Nate to reach out to her," Brian repeated, 

"Any changes in behavior?" Ransone crossed his arms. Brian turned to Bobby and Athena. 

"I was out of town, but she did not respond to any of my calls, which was my first red flag."

"Did Henretta tell any of you she observed Spaceer walk home that night, alone?" the detective dropped. Brian's eyes widened mouth now agape, "She lives nearly a mile and a half from the station. Why would she walk?"

"Its that why she's-"

Athena and Chris looked at each other putting the puzzle pieces together. Brian didn't know yet. "Well," Chris started then looked to Athena, "We found footage recorded three weeks ago of a woman that fit her description getting assaulted, knocked out. A store ally camera caught it and sent it in. We think the suspect of that assaulted her is tied to another case."

.

.

Meanwhile, Bobby still sat in the room. The door was cracked open enough for him to hear the conversation the others had outside. How could someone do that to her? Why? Bobby creased her hand gently, "I'm so sorry we weren't there," Seconds passed by until she felt a small squeeze from Luna hand. "Luna?" Bobby faintly spoke. She squeezed twice again, now more firmly. She started turning her head left and right and hyperventilating. She let go of Bobby's hand and grabbed her head. "Dad where the hell am I? Bobby?" She groaned. 

"Hey!" Bobby hollered. Nate peered through the door.  "She's awake," He rushed in with the other following suit. She flicked open her eyes. She turned to Nate, "Welcome back Luna," 

She turned to the other fuzzed figures in the room. "Why am I in the hospita-" Her eyes widened. She vividly remembered what happened before she passed out. She remembers being on the edge, that man, Bobby... Micha.

.

.

"MICHAAA! NOO"

.

.

"How long have I been out?" She looked down at her lap. Nate glanced at the clock. "Um... You've been out for about 36 and a half hours." She hunched over. Nate sat on the edge of her bed. Brian and Luna made eye contact for a brief moment, "I'm sorr-"
"Don't be, idiot," he chuckled. She opened her arms inviting her for a hug. Brian smiled and went in for a hug, "ahh...," Luna groaned. "Careful-,"
They eventually let go. Luna slowly leaned back to the support of the bed of everyone in the room. "Am I being charged with something?" She glanced at Chris and the other new guy in uniform.

"No, would you like to be caught up to speed,"

"The sooner the better,"

.

.

 "So... this peeping tom turned out to be a rapist realtor who, as far as we know, assaulted me and I'm the most recent victim. He's currently on the run now," Luna recapped to confirm.

 "Thats what it seems..., we could really see his face from the footage that why I am here to ask you if you recognized this guy," The detective whom Luna learned his name, Lou Ransone. He cautiously pulled up a picture on his phone showing a picture from the apparent realtor company he was working for. Luna cringed back, "Yeah,"

Athena and Chris were still on call and had to leave eventually. Bobby had to pick up Harry from school and Brian had to get more coffee. After a few more questions the detective left his card with her. Detective Lou Ransone, LAPD"  Luna sat hunched over in her bed look at her lap. She fiddled with the card. Nate was checking her vitals and updating her charts, "When can I go home, when can I work again?"

"Maybe in 2 weeks if you do well. We gotta monitor you for the next week. Attempt protocals Luna..." Nate sighed, "But work when you gain a little bit more muscle mass. You lost quite a bit, nobody wants you collapsing on the job. Maybe a month give or take." Nate put his tablet aside and grabbed Lofie with one arm under her armpit and one around her back. When Luna got to her feet they both stopped and looked at each other, "When was the last time we went to a military ball,"

"Are you serious," she chuckled.

"Do you... ever wish you could go back? like in time or back to out there?"

"I think the rest is history for me. I think I'm happy with where I'm at. The lights started to flicker and shut off before booting back up. Luna looked "Power's been acting up since noon. It's been out across the entire city since you went out,"