‣ twenty nine

┊➶┊

┊➶┊

sunwoo furrowed his eyebrows for a second before his jaw tightened. "see if anyone's there right now."

sunhee moved to sit on the sofa, pulling her knees up to her chest. she had no idea how to feel, let alone know what to do.

i haven't even seen taejun ever since i moved back. the only ones who've been here are the boys and chaeyeon— chaeyeon?

while occupied with her thoughts, she saw a hand being held out to her in her peripheral vision. her gaze traveled from the hand to the person.

"we're going to the house and you'll be safer if you're with us than alone," hyunjoon said. "we don't want you here by yourself even in broad daylight."

sunhee put her hand in his and mumbled, "i don't wanna be here by myself either."

he pulled her up but kept the contact between their hands. the warmth from him made her feel secure, in a way. she subconsciously tightened her grip and even though he noticed, he didn't acknowledge it.

everything was in a haze as she was led out of her apartment into the car the boys came in. she sat in the backseat with hyunjoon and sunwoo, in between the both of them.

aside from her, they all talked amongst themselves about the situation at hand. sunhee was too lost in her own thoughts. it couldn't be her cousin who planted those cameras, could it? her loving, protective older cousin?

as she pondered over it, things began to make sense.. but she didn't want to believe it. chaeyeon was overprotective. is that why she always hated sunwoo; why she always tried to keep her away from him?

"what are you thinking about?" hyunjoon softly asked her.

sunhee looked away from the road ahead and to him, slightly shaking her head with a weak smile.

"nothing," she answered.

"really?" he hummed and leaned back. "didn't seem like nothing. you were making such cute faces."

lips parting, her eyes widened a bit and her face flushed. he's making her shy at a time like this?

from the driver's seat, hyunjae looked back at them through the rearview mirror and commented, "he's not wrong."

kevin joined the conversation but continued to give directions to hyunjae and monitor the surveillance at their destination.

"are they making you uncomfortable?" he almost chuckled, sparing the backseat a glance.