‣ five

┊➶┊

┊➶┊

"how'd you know i was back? and how do you know where i live?"

sunhee's voice was muffled against sunwoo's chest causing him to quietly chuckle at her before pulling back so she could lift her head.

"can we come inside? it's better if we talk there," he said, twirling strands of her hair between his fingers.

gently shaking her head up and down, sunhee moved back and sunwoo connected their hands. she let them enter and shut the door behind them.

"um.. make yourself at home, i guess..?" she shyly uttered, still in shock.

the four of them sat in the living room; sunwoo and sunhee on the sofa while the unidentified two settled themselves on the chairs at the island.

"first off, that's hwall and sangyeon. they're family."

the girl looked at sunwoo with a questioning expression. "family?"

"i'll explain in a bit.." he waved off.

sunhee turned to the aforementioned boys and gave them a small grin. she introduced herself, earning a head nod from hwall and a smile from sangyeon.

"we know. it's nice to finally meet you," the latter said.

"we don't have much time before we have to go back, sunwoo," mentioned hwall, making sunwoo nod in acknowledgment.

"okay, sunhee, i'm not sure how you're gonna react but.." sunwoo trailed off. "have you heard of the boyz?"

she pondered, hesitant on telling him about what happened the previous night.

"not until i came back," was what she managed to mutter out.

sangyeon perked up and tilted his head, adding, "what did you hear?"

"i went out to the store last night and on my way back, i dropped my wallet — i think — but this guy gave it back to me. after he turned away, i heard him on the phone saying something about me and the boyz."

sunwoo shared a glance with hwall while sangyeon kept questioning her.

"did you see what he looked like? if he said anything else?"

sunhee slightly shook her head until she shook sunwoo's shoulder, earning an amused laugh from him.

"he had a tattoo on his wrist! i don't know if that helps— hold on!" she exclaimed and jumped from her seat, hastily making her way up the stairs.

hwall leaned back against the counter, saying, "there's like five groups with wrist tattoos."

sunwoo opened his mouth to reply but sunhee's footsteps stopped him. she had a small notepad in and a pen in her hands as she plopped back down next to the older boy. she brought the pen to the paper in a quick motion and ripped the sheet off, handing it over to him.

"oh," sunwoo nonchalantly hummed. "it's stray kids's logo."

he passed it over to sangyeon who looked it over with hwall while sunwoo continued.

"you don't have to worry too much. they're allies of ours."

"allies? aren't they some kind of mafia group?"

hwall laughed out, "you've heard of stray kids but not the boyz?"

sunhee raised her shoulders then let them drop back into place. a ringing emitted from sangyeon's pocket, stopping anyone from saying anything else. he slipped it out and held it up to his ear.

"hey, jacob.. alright, we're on our way back."

"sounds like we gotta go," hwall said in a low voice, getting up from the chair.

sangyeon followed suit and gestured his head in the direction of the front door. "come on, sunwoo."

the younger hummed in acknowledgment, bringing his hand up to sunhee's head and lightly messing up her hair.

"i'll call you later, okay?"

"you don't even have my number.."

"i do, don't worry," he cheekily smiled.

sunhee knitted her eyebrows together only to get his finger pressed between them in return.

"i'll show you next time. for now, be safe and we'll see you soon. aaand i'll also explain everything, promise."

the three boys saw themselves out, leaving sunhee alone to attempt to process everything that just happened. it all took place so quickly and it was hard to believe. the first thing to do that came to her mind was to dial chaeyeon's number, and thankfully, she answered.

┊➶┊

i did not plan for this story to start off so shittily grRRRR
this is not edited or revised at all bc i have not posted for weeks once again