16. Plastic Hearts.

Thanks for being so patient with me. Enjoy.

***

"You ask."

"No." Eazy softly shook his head before stuffing another cheeto in his mouth. "I asked last time."

"No you didn't. I did." She corrected her brother before snatching the bag of chips from him. "I won't tell on you if you ask this time.

"Tell on me for what?"

"Eating chips for breakfast!"

"I'll ask when he gets here." He huffed while wiping his stained hand on his pant legs.

"Noooo. You have to ask auntie Jade while he's gone." Eden was the mastermind behind all of their schemes, despite Eazy being the oldest.

The movement behind them stopped Eazy before he could open his mouth. He and his sister sat on the edge of the bed watching TV while Jade slept. Diego left them in charge with strict instructions. Don't leave the room, don't talk, and don't touch anything.

Jade blinked her eyes open, only to snap them shut again. Light didn't bother her anymore, but she was exhausted. One of her prescribed pills weren't her best friend. They left her nauseas and knocked her out twenty minutes after taking them.

"Turn off the TV Eden! She can't see." He urgently nudged his sister as she scrambled to look for the remote. Unbeknownst to Jade, they were well aware of her situation. And once they heard of her accident they took it harder than Diego. They were happy to take care of her while Diego ran errands.

"Are you still sick?" Eazy had carefully crawled to the top of the bed before she opened her eyes completely. He pressed his cheesy hand on her forehead like his mom Zhuri would do to him.

"Take your nasty hands off her head! And get off the bed before you break her again."

"Don't talk to me like that!" Eazy reluctantly got off the bed and joined his sister. She stood at the side of the bed with a perfect view of Jade.

"Uncle Diego said as soon as you wake up you have to take your pills." Jade watched as the little girl grabbed the pill bottle and handed it to her. "You have to take one and drink some water."

Jade groaned as she tried to sit up on her own. Her ribs were extremely tender. "Thank you." She responded.

They watched with wide eyes as Jade tried to get her self situated. Her discomfort worried them. "Look what you did E!"

"Did I hurt you?"

She needed liquid down her throat before she spoke. After placing the pill on her tongue, she twisted the water bottle's cap off, and chugged it. The eager little faces waiting for a response caused a smirk to appear on her face. Jade shook her head and allowed the words to leave her mouth. "No, you didn't hurt me. I hurt myself."

They weren't completely buying it because she constantly grimaced. "Don't the pills make it better?"

"Why are you still hurting?" Eden asked. She was Zhuri's twin. Eli gave her nothing in the looks department.

"It takes time for the pill to work. And my body has to heal on it's on too."

"So he didn't hurt you?"

"No baby, he didn't hurt me." Jade smiled.

"Uncle Diego went to get breakfast. He said we had to be your doctors and take care of you while he was gone."