9. Titles & Declarations.

I'm not sure if anybody else is confused by the timeline buuuut:
• Diego & Jade met in early August.
• Jade's fall break (Miami trip) was early October.
• The last chapter was a week after the trip.
• This Chapter is 3 weeks after that, so now we're in November. Early November.

————

3 weeks later.

"Why are you being so dramatic? Say what you gotta say. You know i have to get ready for my hair appointment." Jade managed to get out while flossing.

Destiny had been avoiding Jade all week. She never responded to her texts or calls and she made it her mission to enter their shared dorm room whenever she thought Jade had fallen asleep. Today was the day she decided to break the news to her best friend.

"You know I love you." Destiny had her eyes casted down to her feet as she played with her fingers. "And you know I would do anything to make you happy even if it makes me unhappy. And that's exactly what I've been doing." She finally gained the courage to look in Jade's eyes. "I can't do it anymore Jay."

"What are you talking about Destiny?" She completely stopped what she was doing. Whatever Destiny had to say needed Jade's full attention, she could tell.

"School is not for me, but I stayed this long for you. I know how you wanted us to experience college together and be roommates. I would have felt guilty saying no to that." Responded Destiny.

"What you're saying is not fair to me. I didn't make you take that ACT test. I didn't make you submit your application. And I didn't ask you to waste your parents' money on an education that you didn't want. Don't do that to me."

"If I didn't come you would have been lonely."

"And that's a choice you made. I'm a big girl I can handle myself."

"Wow Jade. Really? Where would you be without me?"

"Are you serious right now? Look, i'm not even about to argue with you right now. All I know is, when it's time to tell your people don't use me as an excuse."

Jade was highly annoyed with the situation. All week she had been acting like Jade did something wrong to her. It really hurt her feelings how her best friend was treating her, but she wouldn't let Destiny pin it all on her. She didn't put a gun to Destiny's back and make her go to school. And the fact that she tried to spin the narrative on her hurt her the most. You don't make this type of revelation overnight and Jade had a feeling that this was on Destiny's mind for a while now. She would have said something earlier.

That was Destiny's problem and she wouldn't allow it to become her's. So after locating her airpods, she popped them in her ear and continued to get ready for her hair appointment ignoring her friend for the time being.

Jade believed she had the worst luck in the world. Of all the things Chanel ran her mouth about she just had to keep her pregnancy a secret. From the time she heard about the news she kept her distance from Zhuri. Ignoring her effects to link. She couldn't be around knowing what she knew. Unfortunately she needed her done badly and Zhuri's shop had been highly recommended. She needed a trim and her split ends were the proof.

She was sitting in the back of the parking lot with her car still running, contemplating on if she should cancel. She wasn't good in awkward situations and Lord forbid Zhuri found out already and decided to fuck up her hair. At the thought she ran her hands through her blow dried hair. Absentmindedly she shut off her car and walked towards the entrance.