25. The Line

June 8th.

Even though Jade's eyes were still closed, the early morning light filtrated through the windows. She could feel Diego's presence beside her, something she'd grown so accustomed to.

Diego's eyes were still closed, but he wasn't sleeping anymore. He'd just kind of been staring at her for awhile. He did that just about every morning. Diego just liked looking at her while she slept. It made him remember just how lucky he was to have her.

After a while he had given up on her waking up and he decided to just snuggle up next to her. He had a lot of plans for them today, so he was going to allow her to get a few more minutes in before he woke her up.

She gently reached up to cup his cheek, smoothing her thumb over the faint freckles that you could only see if you were as close as she was at this moment. Even though she knew he was awake, she still didn't say anything, just relaxing in the silence.

He moved into her grasp, smiling lazily as he opened his eyes. "Good morning baby."

Jade smiled brightly after hearing his raspy morning voice. "Morning. How long have you been up?"

"A good 30 minutes." He chuckled.

"And you couldn't get up and fix us breakfast?" She teased. That was the last thing she wanted. He couldn't cook for shit.

"We know my track record when it comes to cooking. I can order us something." Diego smiled brightly, brushing his fingers through her hair.

Jade smiled. "That'll take forever. I'll fix something." She frowned, humming quietly at the feeling when she felt him run his fingers through her hair.

"Fix what? Cereal?" He laughed.

"And what about it?" Jade said, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever you make i'll eat it baby." Diego gave a reassuring smile to her. "Whatever."

She nodded quietly.

He kissed Jade's cheek, pulling off the duvet as he got out of the bed. "Now get up! I got plans for us today." When Jade pulled the cover back on herself and snuggled in, Diego chuckled and pulled it off her again.

Jade groaned and shivered once she was hit by the cold air. "It's cold."

He laughed. "I have something special for us, so I need you to get up and get dressed. We can grab something on the way there."

Jade propped herself on her elbows and covered her top half with the sheets. "Give me your shirt." She had her hand out waiting for it.

Diego slipped out of his shirt abs handed it to her. He watched as she put it over her head and got up.

He snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, letting his chin rest on Jade's shoulder. He loved when she wore his clothes.

Jade hummed, relaxing back into his chest. "Where are we going?" she mumbled.

"Get dressed." Diego smiled brightly.

Jade turned her head to peck Diego's cheek. "I love you." she sing-songed.

"I love you too." He mumbled into the crook of her neck.

***

They walked hand in hand as they approached the entrance of the store. Her gripped loosened around his hand as she looked up at him "What are we doing here?"