39 - Project and Inneundos

ابدأ من البداية

"Guys stop staring and have these," I said placing the snacks on the center table.

"Your house is just so beautiful Amy. I envy you so much." Reeva said still eyeing the place.

"For starters, this isn't mine. And what are you looking at? You've already been here." I reminded her.

"I was occupied with my hangover and your handsome housemate that I didn't appreciate this place," Reeva replied shoving a whole cookie in her mouth.

"At what time Jason will arrive? So that we can leave before,"  mandy asked me nervously.

"He comes back around 6:30 or 7. And there is no need to go because of him. I'm sure he doesn't mind."

"That guy intimidates me," Mandy replied. I guess she got scared of Jason when he kinda domineered on us after our drunk escapade.

"And I am fascinated by him. Did you looked at his sharp jaw and that light stubble, not to forget his eyes. He is so damn hot and that body I'm sure he workouts daily." Reeva said her face mimicking Jason's fans from school.

I rolled my eyes at her but her next sentence caught me off guard. "No wonder you want to kiss him all the time Amy. I feel you"

"Eww shut up"

Stella entered the living room and beamed looking at Reeva and Mandy.

"Amy you didn't tell your friends were coming over. I would have arrived earlier and prepared delicious food for you and your friends."

"We just arrived. And two other guys are joining us.  One of them may ask you to prepare extra dishes. If you need any groceries I will ask Logan to drive you to the store."

"Sure in the meantime, I will get some drinks for you guys." Saying Stella disappeared into the kitchen.

I sat with Mandy and Reeva discussing the house layout. We decided it to be a 2floor house with a living room, dining, and kitchen on the ground level and a small foyer with 2bedrooms on the first floor.

After Zack and Kevin arrived. We shifted to my room and sat on the floor around the center table and started joining the cardboard to get the house layout and glued the different printed papers on the floor and walls.

Stella served us blackberry Virgin Mojito and went off to the kitchen to prepare for dinner.

We got busy making the model. I don't know if we are getting in the good book or bad book of Mr.Payne but this sure is fun taking me back the memory lane to the time I made a dollhouse with Sophie with Mama's help.

Zack seemed to be the type of guy who doesn't care about his studies, just wants to have fun in life. I thought we are all getting a D on this presentation because of him. But, I'm mistaken. He is very much involved in the project as the rest of us.

Oh yes because this isn't studying we are making a dollhouse and this is a play for him.

Zack has a split personality. One minute he was so engrossed in the work that he didn't even see the pancakes Stella served us before dinner. The other minute, he kept splashing the paint with a brush on Kevin.

"Stop it Zack" Kevin hissed.

But Zack being Zack emptied the whole 50ml red acrylic paint on Kevin's head.

Everyone burst out laughing except Kevin. Kevin took the neon green bottle next to him and splashed it on Zack, covering his face, hair, and navy blue sweatshirt.

That is not very Kevin like... Kevin is sweet calm and always in check. But I think Zack can bring the worst in Kevin, who am I kidding... Zack could bring the worst in anyone.

Reeva took her phone out and shouted "say cheers guys" and started clicking pictures of the paint-spattered boys.

Zack in one swift move grabbed Reeva by her neck, locked her in one hand, and unloaded the orange paint on her purple hair.

"Serves you right" Mandy cracked up looking at Reeva's annoyed face.

Next, it was Mandy's turn to get turquoise blue paint on her t-shirt. I tried holding my laughter because I don't want to provoke them and get paint on my head. They looked like a bunch of preschoolers, not college-goers.

"Why are you hiding your laugh, Amelia? Don't be sad. You won't be left alone." Zack smirked picking the mustard yellow paint in his hands.

Oh, God! No! Getting paint out of my wild curls will be hard. I started running for my life...no running for my hair. And Zack followed me. Kevin left for the washroom to clean himself. And one glare to Mandy and Reeva was enough to stop them from helping Zack.

I dashed out of the bedroom door and sprinted down the steps only to trip on the third last step, making my heart jump to my stomach. I closed my eyes in fear anticipating the fall. But before my head could touch the ground and crack like a coconut a pair of strong hands caught me by my waist.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the dark green eyes staring at mine. Before I could get lost in those enchanting orbs and engulfing woody scent, Zack's voice in the background brought me back to my senses.

"You okay?" Jason asked steadying me on my floor.

Zack stopped a few steps above us with a confused face. Mandy and Reeva stood on the top of the spiral staircase. Jason glanced at top of the staircase and my two paint-adorned friends fled to my bedroom.

''You are the other brown right?" Zack came down smiling to stand opposite Jason.

I stood behind Jason hiding from Zack. I tiptoed and watched Zack over  Jason's wide shoulders.

"And you are Zack. Mind explaining what you are doing with paint in your hand and running around my house." Jason bit back rather coldly.

Oh no! I forgot that for some strange reason Jason dislikes Zack.

Shit shit shit!

"We are doing a project. And paint fight made its way in between." I replied shyly.

I turned around to face Zack and said, "use the bathroom in the room next to mine."

Zack nodded his head and left.

"Let's have dinner together if you are okay with it?" I asked Jason.

"Sure" Jason shrugged and walked up the stairs. I followed him silently to my room.

Kevin is cleaning the mess on the floor in his wet plaid sweater and hair dripping water. Mandy is helping him while Reeva is in the bathroom.

"Where is Zack?" Mandy asked me.

"The next room.. cleaning up."

I grabbed a couple of Ryan's t-shirts which I stole from him because they are comfortable,  from my closet and handed them to Kevin. Asked him to give one to Zack.

Dinner is awkward no AWKWARD.

Jason ate with a scowling face. Reeva kept gaping at Jason's face. Kevin fidgeted in his seat the whole while. Mandy stayed silent. Zack kept flirting and passing innuendos.

While Mandy didn't raise her head, Reeva kept ignoring him and continued fascinating over Jason's facial features, and as usual, I kept glaring in response. I tried making small talk about weather and project to make the dinner less awkward. But it made the dinner a whole lot awkward when none responded to me.

Hello people
Hope you all are fine.
December is my favorite part of the year but also the time I usually fall sick.
Anyway, I tried updating. I wrote this chapter for 5days. Sleep kept kicking in whenever I tried to type.
Hope you all like it.
Please vote and comment. I love reading all those comments :)
Love Rami ❤