"I can't wait to see you-" He fired another shot at Valarie who it barely missed.

"Next time, Ms.Scott, I don't plan on missing. You have been a pain in my side since day one." That had been true. Valarie had been the problem child of his staff. Not that she really did anything at first. The first few months he just loved to torment her. But she did have her occasional outbursts. Most of them rooted from the few times she had seen the Doctor and the sadness in his old eyes. Or when she would watch the Master mock him. Her heart almost physically ached.

"Don't any of you learn anything from the blessed saint Martha? Siding with the Doctor is a dangerous thing. Take them away. Except her." The guards moved to remove Francine and Tish as the Doctor pulled himself back into the wheelchair. The sight was pitiful and heart wrenching. The Master's wife helped him place his coat back on. Valarie's stomach lurched with the idea of what he wanted with her.

"Oh, I remember the days when the Doctor, oh that famous Doctor, was waging a time war, battling Sea Devils and Axons. He single-handedly sealed the Medusa Cascade. Now what's he doing? Stealing screwdrivers? Playing games with these, these weak, stupid, pathetic humans?" He motioned to Valarie. "What brought him to this? Oh! Yeah, it was me."

"I just need you to listen." The Doctor begged.

"No, it's my turn. Revenge, best served hot. And this time, the message is for miss Jones." He motioned for two guards. They came behind Valarie and restrained her. The Master wheeled the Doctor before a camera. He had used it to broadcast frequently.

"My people." He began. "Salutations on this eve of war. I have heard of the whispers, down there on Earth. Of a child walking the Earth and giving everyone hope. But," he brought the Doctor better into view. "How much hope does this man got? Except, he's not that old. He is an alien with a much greater lifespan then you stunted little apes. But what if it showed?" Valarie wanted to vomit. The Master was going to age him further.

"You'll kill him!'

"Oh, no my dear. What if I locked his ability to regenerate," he pointed his screwdriver at him, "and allowed us all to see what those nine-hundred years looks like?" In a second the Doctor began to convulse violently. He seemed to vanish into his own clothing, slipping out of the chair. The Master only stopped when there was nothing but his seemingly empty clothes on the floor. The Master stepped over it, almost unsure himself if anything of the Doctor remained. Stirring became visible under the shirt, and a head poked out. A smaller, wrinkled creature. But that was the horrifying part to Valarie; the Doctor was unrecognizable. He didn't look human nor time lord anymore. But something much different. Even the Master looked shocked, looking around at the silent room. It seemed no one had expected what came of it.

"Received, and understood, Miss Jones?" The Master asked the camera before shutting it off.

__

Valarie had been relocated. She no longer served as staff, but was now chained as Jack. She was quite literally chained; in the same room. Her arms were suspended above her head with a tight metal clamp. A guard stood at the door, ensuring another escape would be difficult. Valarie kept her eyes on the ground, thinking.

"Do you know what they are?" Jack looked up at her, with squinted eyes and a heavy expression. She looked to him.

"What?"

"The Toclafane. Do you know what they are?" He asked her again. She slowly shook her head. She had never took the time to think about what was within those metal shells. His expression fell.

"Word is, they are human."

"Human?" Valarie asked in confusion.

"The Master could only travel between now and the end of the universe. Those humans we sent to Utopia. That's what became of them."