Confrontation

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

"What are you doing here?" I repeated. 

Neha Jamshed stood in front of me, looking more casual than I'd ever seen her, in jeans and a sweatshirt. Her hair was messy and tangled around her face and she wore no make-up. "I found out that you weren't at the Nikah."

"We've lost everything." She shook her head. "In a few days time, the bank will seize our flat as well, Anaya." 

"Am I meant to feel sorry for you?" I was tempted to slam the door in her face.

"If not for anyone, but for Nabiha's sake." She pleaded with me.

"Who's Nabiha?" I frowned.

"Nabiha is my seventeen-years-old daughter. Mine and Jamshed's." She said. "I thought Faiz would have mentioned this to you. He found out a couple of months ago." 

I stared at her in shock, unable to believe what I was hearing. "Y-You have a daughter?" 

Her eyes dropped down to my baby bump, which I was absent-mindedly cradling. "Mother to mother, Anaya. You can understand my worry about being homeless, if only for Nabiha's sake." 

She was manipulating me, but I wasn't going to fall for it. Not after all the pain she and Jamshed Uncle had caused my family. Without thinking, I slammed the door on her face. May Allah forgive me for being so rude.

Neha and Uncle had a daughter? Faiz knew about it for a couple of months and he didn't think he should tell me, his wife?

Why would Faiz keep this a secret from me? I couldn't help feeling hurt. He had just made me feel like I wasn't a part of his family, after all.

****

Faiz

"Who's she?" Rida appeared by my side and followed my gaze, curiously. She was wearing a dark pink sari, with a heavy silver border, and her hair was up in a buns, with two curls framing her round face. Apart from the dark eyes, she looked truly like Mamma.

"That's Nabiha Jamshed." I muttered.

"Wh-?" She paused before she even completed the word. Her eyes widened in horror. "No way!"

"Yep." I shrugged, looking at her. "We're so screwed."

"Ya Allah! I knew that we should have told Mamma earlier." She smacked her palm against her forehead. "How could we be so stupid?" 

"One way or another, the truth always comes out." I sighed. "We should have known that, Rids." 

"What are you two gossiping about?" Sumi joined us.

"Dad and Neha's daughter." Rida said, wearily. "The girl in the light green shalwar kameez." 

Sumi burst out laughing. "You two are not fooling me again! I'm done being repeatedly fooled by you!"

"Sumi, she's right there!" Rida almost snapped. Tension was getting to her.

Sumaira turned to look. "You mean the girl talking to Mamma?" 

"What?!" Rida and I almost yelled together and looked.

Indeed, Mamma was talking to Nabiha. 

"Ya Allah, forgive our sins because we're dying tonight." I muttered, rushing towards my mother and half-sister.