Chapter 8

---- Your POV ----

The sun shone brightly into the room as you opened your eyes sleepily. It was starting to get usual for you to wake up curled in Loki's side. You didn't know when you'd fallen asleep the night before and you figured, you had fallen asleep reading. A deep raspy voice pulled you from your internal rambling.

"Good Morning, dear." The words vibrated through his torso and sent a pleasant shiver down your spine.

"Mornin' yourself," you muttered, nuzzling back into the soft fabric of his shirt. Even if you now woke up every morning to this feeling, you still were fascinated by how soft and comforting the fabric was.

"Are you comfy?" It vibrated again and a shy smile paired with a pink blush took place on your face. You nodded, slowly falling asleep as the dark-haired man rubbed circles on your back. Just as the both of you were to fall back asleep, F.R.I.D.A.Y. announced that breakfast was ready. You groaned, causing Loki to laugh lightly. After the two of you rolled out of bed and Loki changing – you were too tired to change yet – you made your way to the kitchen.

Sleep blurring your vision you didn't see everything in your way and nearly stumbled over the coffee table in the corridor. Just as you were to collide with the obstacle, Loki pulled you out of the way. You lost the little balance you had and fell into a strong chest. Strong yet gentle arms pulled you against their owner. Your hands laid upon a defined chest. Again, you blushed as the familiar scent filled your nose. Why did he have this effect on you?

The Asgardian prince smiled down on you. It was genius and made your heart flutter. As the female voice haled again through the air you both were snapped out of whatever you were in. Loki let go of you but kept your hand in his. You thought it was to prevent you from falling or to save you nearly tripping again.

As you arrived in the kitchen you sat down, still holding Loki's hand. Your mind was stilled too soaked with sleep for you to notice the looks of everyone. You noticed the slender hand in your as you wanted to grab the milk. Again, your cheeks colored light pink. With a small smile, you let go to grab the milk.

As you poked around in your muesli your mind cleared and thoughts filled your mind. Why were you feeling like this when he was around and what in Rowling's name were you feeling?

"(Y/N)?" Steve's voice rang out. Still a little sleepy you looked up.

"Is everything all right? You seem absent." You nodded your head before answering "Yes. Just sleepy." Steve smiled but Tony couldn't let such an opportunity slide.

"You two had a long fun night?" he smirked. Before you could react, Loki shot a comeback. "Oh yes, we had. You would be stunned at how flexible she is." Loki smirked at Tony who looked wide-eyed at the two of you, his moth standing open. Nat reminded that it would be good if Tony closed his mouth before anything flew in. You rammed your elbow into Loki's ribs, saying "Nothing happened. I just read till late in the night."

Loki had enjoyed the look on Starks face way too much for your liking but he needed the comeback at times.

--- Time Skip ---

The day had gone by without anything spectacular and now you laid in your bed, a Captain America sweater on and your phone in your hands. You noticed how Loki slipped in behind you. You were sure he thought you were reading; what you distractedly were. You were reading half-hearted and the story didn't catch you the right way. Loki looked over your shoulder. As he was sure you were reading, he laid down behind you and sneaked his hands around your waist.

The weight on your middle was calming and you settled into the position, switching to another book and pushing yourself into Loki's form. The body behind you tensed for a moment before relaxing again. His arms tightened around you, pulling you even closer. A chin came to rest on your head as you stared to read.

19.12.2020