Chapter 26

---- Third persons POV ----

A strong, tall man with purple skin stepped through the empty streets. His feet carried him towards the open gate that was supposed to be closed and guarded. Something felt off and he had an idea what it was. Right in front of the door that leat into the halls of the place, a pile blocked the way. A dark fluid covered the dirt ground around it and strands of white hair were sticking out messily. A paper was stuck with a dagger in the top skull. The purple-skinned man took it and read.

"Here are the heads of your allies. I was so free to leave them here where you would find them. I thought about sending them to you but I was informed that you were to come here soon and so, I left them for you.

Also, I want to tell you one more thing. Leave me and the nine realms with their inhabitants alone. Otherwhiles your head will join theirs soon.

With that, I hope to never see your face.

Sincerely the Nephilim you wanted"

The paper was crushed in anger but a deep voice rumbled otherwise.

"She is stronger than I expected and till now, she hasn't even reached her full potential." A smirk tucked at his lips as he appraised her work.

----------

---- Your POV ----

The ride back was silent. Loki was laying over your legs, so he would not fall off as you rode back. You were happy that he was still alive but you feared that the rune had harmed him in another way. The bleeding had stopped some time ago and you were about to arrive at the palace of Asgard.

As soon as he saw you, James yelled for three men to help you as he held Trioblaid in place. He was really good with the stallion and you were happy about this. Two of the men took Loki as the third wanted to help you off the horse's back. Ignoring him, you unmounted and followed the men to the infirmary.

Frigga rushed to your side as you arrived, asking what had happened and so on. You ensured her, you would tell her everything as soon as you knew Loki was fine. This was the moment, the healers called out for you.

"Lady (Y/N), which rune is this?" one of them asked, gesturing to the rune you had drawn.

"It is a healing rune. The wound was infected with dark magic and he was dying. I knew it would be risky but what had I to lose. If the rune wouldn't have liked him, his injuries would have. Also, there was a chance that he was strong enough to handle it," you rambled on but were stopped by hands grabbing your shoulders.

"Lady (Y/N), you saved him. The rune neutralized the dark magic and now all left it the wound that closed itself," one of the healers explained. You nodded.

"One thing, I have to ask you," you said, looking at Loki.

"Prince Loki is abled to activate my runes without my stylus. It nearly is like, his magic would react with them..." you stated out loud.

"What do you mean by this?" a young healer asked. You took your stylus and hovered it over one of the runes on your arm. You disappeared for a moment before reappearing again.

"When I activate my runes, they show their effects. Usually, this is only possible when I use my stylus. But once, I fell into a berry bush and the Prince placed his hand on my healing rune," you pulled your hair aside, relieving the same rune that decorated Loki's side. "It healed the little cuts like it should."

Everyone seemed confused about what the reasons for this were. Then Loki's breath hitched and everyone snapped their attention to him. He was tossing and turning, his skin once blue then pale again. The rune glowed green as his wound healed. Then suddenly, he shoot up. Everyone was silent till you broke this state.

"Loki?" you asked softly. He looked at you for a moment.

"Are we dead?" he asked, tears escaping his eyes. You stepped closer slowly, shaking your head.

"No, Loki, you and I, we are both alive," you answered, standing now in front of him.

"How is that-" Loki looked down as you looked at his side. His eyes widened.

"The rune saved your life, Loki. Your soul is strong and so it accepted the rune on your body," you explained, sitting down next to him.

"But I'm not a Nephilim," he wondered out loud.

"No, you are not. Therefore there was a chance that the rune would kill you but you would have died otherwise cause of the dark magic. I had to try it. I couldn't lose you if I were able to do something," you said, guilty bubbling in your entire being.

The dark-haired prince wrapped you into a tight hug, calming you down again. You held each other tightly and your Prince whispered softly in your ear.

"I'm happy you did this. I wasn't ready to die now. Not before you became my queen." Tears ran down your face now once more.

"I love you, my Prince. I don't need to be a queen to be happy. I don't need a palace or something like that. I'm happy as long as you are the King of my heart and as long as you hold me in your arms."

7.1.2021