JJ's throat tightened. How had Ward managed to convince the cops and the FBI that a girl with a bullet wound was involved with the murder of the Sheriff? He hated the thought of Brie or John B getting caught and thrown in jail for this. Rafe and Ward both deserved to be locked away, and maybe Topper whilst they're at it. Psychopaths, all of them were.

"We have to talk to Sarah," Kiara sighed. "She's the only one who can clear Brie and John B."

"Yeah, but would she throw her family under the bus for a couple of Pogues?" JJ asked.

Kiara ran her hand through her hair and chewed her lip. "Let's hope so. What are we supposed to do with Brie? We're not meeting back with John B until tomorrow at three. We cant just leave her here alone, right?"

Kiara looked at JJ, clearly asking if he would stay here with her. He shook his head frantically, heartbeat speeding up. He couldnt face her after what she did. He didnt trust himself to not forgive her instantly as soon as she looked at him again with those bright green eyes. He knew that he would crumble as soon as he saw her cry.

"No way," he said, "I'm not on babysitting duty. Not for her."

"JJ," Kiara scolded, angrily, "You know why she left. And she came back, didnt she? You cant seriously be mad at her everything she's done for us."

"Oh, I can be mad," he argued, "And I am. I'm not staying here and watching her like some sort of bodyguard after she walked out on us. Absolutely not."

"JJ!" Kiara warned, scowling at him. "We all owe her, alright?"

"We dont owe her shit," JJ hissed, "She was ready to let us take the fall for all of this! She didn't even try-"

"Hey!" Pope shushed them, gesturing to Brie who was stirring slightly in her sleep, head against Pope's leg, "I'll stay here with Brie, alright? You guys go and talk to Sarah."

JJ almost felt disappointed that they didn't force him to stay here with Brie. He watched her face as she slept with her head in Pope's lap. He felt a twinge of jealousy. He wanted her to sleep in his arms so badly. He missed holding her close and feeling her heartbeat against him, her breath against his skin, the soft touch of her skin. He looked away, clenching his fists to try and take his mind away from the thought of her.

"Alright," Kiara said, "JJ and I will head over to Figure Eight and you stay here with her. I got a blanket and some bottles of water in the trunk."

JJ got out of the car and grabbed Brie's bag from inside the garage. It was only then that he noticed that he was still wearing her bracelet. He cursed under his breath at his own stupidity, but found that he didnt want to take it off. He put the bag on the backseat beside Pope, who nodded in thanks.

"Come on, Kie," JJ said, "We'll take my bike. Let her sleep."

Kiara gave Pope a small wave and encouraging nod as JJ readied the bike that was propped up next to the wall. He spun Brie's bracelet around on his wrist and sighed. His throat ached painfully after all this time bottling up his emotions. He couldnt tell if he wanted to cry or beat the living shit out of someone, Rafe Cameron preferably. He still hated him for what he'd done to Brie, even if he didnt ecactly want to talk to her right now.

"You cant be mad at her forever you know," Kiara told him. "You care about her too much."

JJ rolled his eyes and started the engine. "I have every right to be mad at her. So do you. Why are you guys just acting as if she didnt even do anything?"

"Because we understand!" Kiara argued, "And I'm pretty sure you understand too. So, why are you really this mad?"

JJ sighed and sat up straight. He wanted to tell somebody about him and Brie. Who knows? Maybe Kiara already knew. She was Brie's best friend after all. Maybe Brie had told her about them by now.