{18}

Danny held onto her hand the entire time as they walked, tightening his grip whenever she let her hand go slack. Brie didnt know how to feel about that, especially because of the way that he had acted with JJ back at the Wreck.

They had been walking down a dirt track for what must have been at least forty minutes, nothing but fields and trees surrounding them. Brie would be lying it she said that she wasn't starting to become q little bit anxious.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" She asked sweetly.

Danny smiled at her again, shooting her another flirtatious wink. "I told you already. It's a surprise."

"Yeah," Brie laughed, trying not to think too much of it. "Well this surprise better not be too much farther. My feet are killing me."

"You could get on my back?" Danny suggested, stopping to gesture for her to hop on. "I dont mind carrying you."

"Oh, you'll regret saying that," she giggled, jumping up onto his back and wrapping her legs around his torso.

He chuckled and held onto her legs for support, hoisting her up higher. She draped her arms around his neck and rested her chin on his shoulder. She felt surprisingly comfortable with Danny, like she had known him for more than just a day.

She tried to keep her mind away from JJ, but it was proving useless. The look on his face when he found out that she had a date made her insides squirm. She just couldn't get that picture of him out of her head.

She wished that he didnt get so angry about it, although she knew that she would probably be the same if the roles were reversed. She couldn't really blame him for how he had reacted, finding herself wishing that she wouldn't have even agreed to come on this date in the first place

"You okay?" Danny asked, drawing her away from her thoughts.

"Yeah," she sighed, letting a smirk grow over her face. "I'm actually having a really nice time...I just want to know where you're taking me. You're not bringing me out here to kill me, are you?"

Danny laughed at that. "You dont seem like the type of girl who would go down without a fight. But I reckon I could take you."

There it was. That sort of flirty teasing that her and JJ often had. She had to admit, that was once of the things she loved most whenever she spoke to boys.

"I'd like to see you try," she challenged. She huffed again, wrapping her arms further around his neck. "But seriously, you'd better tell me where we're going before I start to freak out."

She said it jokingly, but she was actually becoming slightly worried at how far they had walked. There was no sign of anyone around and it was starting to get quite dark. She wasn't even sure if she remembered the way back to the Wreck.

"I'm taking you to one of my favourite spots," Danny eventually confessed, "Its just through those trees."

Brie slid off his back and walked the last few yards, subconsciously becoming more and more nervous. He took her hand again, the touch somehow comforting her, and led her through the woods. It was even darker now, and Brie was trying hard not to let that scare her.

They came out at a small clearing, with a couple of big rocks laying next to a small stream. Past some more trees you could see the remains of the sun as it dipped below the skyline, painting the sky a mixture of orange and pink. It was beautiful.

"Oh, wow," she breathed in shock, "This is definitely a good surprise."

"You like it?" Danny asked, looking proud of himself.