{27}

"Here," JJ said to Brie, pulling out an old hoodie from under the seat after he had changed out of his tux.

It was covered in dust and crumbs and looked like it hadn't been washed in literally forever. JJ grimaced at the state of it and tried his best to clean it off before he handed it to her. Brie smiled thankfully, her teeth still chattering, and pulled it over her head.

The material practically drowned her, her hands disappearing in the sleeves, but she didn't seem to mind. JJ surpressed a smile. She always looked good in his clothes. Brie sighed happily and leaned back against him, her back against his side with his arm draped over her shoulders.

They were all stuck waiting in the van whilst John B went to get the map from Sarah, which none of them were too happy about. Thunder and lightening now rolled overhead as yet another stom passed through the island.

"I cant belive he's macking on a Kook," Pope muttered.

"And Sarah Cameron?" Kiara added, shaking her head in disgust. "You would think he would have some sense."

"Hey, what did she do that was so bad?" Brie asked, frowning in confusion.

JJ and Pope shared a look. Kiara had never opened up to them about what had happened with her and Sarah during her time as a Kook. They were definitely interested in finding out why Kiara hated her so much.

"She just-" Kiara sighed in frustration, "She's just a Kook, you know? A mean bitch. Okay? Trust me."

"Well, based on what I know about Kooks, I'll trust you on that," Brie said. She took a deep breath through her nose and seemed to brace herself for whatever she was about to day next. "However I also trust John B. And if he thinks-"

"You're sticking up for Sarah?" Kiara demanded, "Seriously?"

Kiara scowled at Brie viciously, seeming all too willing to start yet another argument. Pope groaned and put his head in his hands as JJ rolled his eyes. They both knew where this was heading.

"I'm not 'sticking up for her', okay?" Brie shouted, "I'm just saying! We all trust John B, right? Then maybe Sarah has changed? All I'm saying is that maybe we should give her a chance!"

"Oh my god!" Kiara snapped, sitting forward in her seat to get closer to Brie'a face. "You're really sliding with a Kook? After her brother and her boyfriend have both literally tried to kill you?"

Brie opened her mouth to reply, but the words seemed to get stuck in her throat. JJ could actually feel Brie's anxiety kicking in, a slight tremble running through her muscles. Brie shook her head in disbelief, making Pope and JJ glance at each other nervously.

JJ was shocked that Kiara of all people would bring that up right now. No matter how angry she was about Sarah, JJ didn't expect her to turn on her best friend like this.

"I can't belive you're defending Kooks after all the shit they've done to us!" Kiara continued, "I literally heard you cry yourself to sleep after you and JJ got jumped on the golf course. And you're still going to sit here and defend her?"

Brie stared at her in shock, clearly hurt by the comment, her eyes glossing over. JJ put a hand on her back comfortingly and glared at Kiara. He had never seen her act this way with Brie before. They were supposed to be best friends.

"Kiara," Pope said, glancing over to Brie cautiously.  "Chill out, okay? Don't take this out on Brie."

"No!" Kiara frowned, "You guys don't know her like I do. You dont know what she's capable of! She's a complete and total bitch!"