Chapter 16

I had Kayla drive me to the park. She didn't really want to after she heard, but she did it anyways. She insisted on staying, though. She didn't want me to be alone in the park.

Carson was with us. He ran up to me after going down the slide. I pick him up, messing with him a little. He laughs when I toss him lightly. I chuckle and Kayla looks entertained too.

"What's up, bud?" I ask. He was still calming down from laughing so much.

"I'm hungry!" He tells Kayla. She nods.

"Alright. I'll go to the car. You good here for a minute?" She asks me. I nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her. She nods, running off towards the parking lot that was a little bit away. "Hey, buddy, go play while your sister gets your food," I tell Carson, putting him back on his feet. He nods, running off.

I hear a crack in the woods not far from where we were. I slowly walk over. I'm scared, not going to lie. Tom still hadn't been found. But, it could also be Cole. Or an animal. That too.

I look around a little.

"Hello?" I call. I hear more cracking behind me and whip around. I'd gone deeper into the woods than I intended to. I try to start walking back but a giant, and I mean GIANT, wolf appears infront of me. It was jet black and had basically black eyes that matched its fur. It was kind of beautiful. And I barely had time to register the familiar smell. I jump back and it starts approaching me. I didn't know how, but it wasn't exactly scary. Like yeah, it's a huge fucking wolf that should be scaring the shit out of me. But it wasn't. It was oddly comforting.

That is until it pounced on me. I cry out, as I fall back onto the ground. Tears sprung to my eyes with the wolf hovering over me.

"No, no, no, no, no. Get off!" I try to crawl away but it didn't work. A couple tears escaped and the wolf dipped its head down to my neck, it licked the skin there quickly, almost acting casual about all of this. I was scared out of my freaking mind. I was taking breaths in huffs. Suddenly it was taking the skin inbetween its teeth. I scream, sobbing at this point. I tried to push the wolf off, but it just stayed for a second. It hurt like a fucking bitch. Then a second later, it stopped hurting. I melted towards the forest floor in complete bliss. A small sound of this pleasure even escapes me and my eyes widen. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Did I just... this is a fucking wolf! That... that, oh my god! Why? Why, why why? What is wrong with me?! I don't know much about when a big fucking animal bites you, but I know enough to put together that I shouldn't feel like that. I pressed my lips together, closing my eyes, and continuing to squirm under the wolf.

"Adeline!" I hear Kayla yell. Everything was blurry, and my whole body was weak. The wolf finally released me and looks down at me. The pain from the beginning envelopes me again and I squeeze my eyes shut. But I didn't miss the small hint of sadness in the wolf's eyes. It almost sounded like a whimper above me. The wolf licked the inflicted wound again, and a small wave of calm washed over me. Only to disappear seconds later. I felt my conciousness slipping away as the wolf ran off.

I feel Kayla lift my head onto her lap as she sits down. She touches the bite and I groan. She gasps.

"Oh my God. I-I'm gonna call Axel." I can't manage an answer. But I nod slightly. "Adeline. Adeline stay awake." I'm trying!

I feel her shift a little. "Axel! Adeline, she-she's hurt. I don't know what happened. Y-Yeah, we're still at the park." I groan, feeling her move. And that's the last thing I remember before passing out.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up in the hospital. It was really bright and my shoulder was sore. I force my eyes open, and look around. My brothers were scattered around the room, Kayla and Taylor were there too. Kayla was asleep on Axel's shoulder. Axel had his head rested on hers, sleeping. Abel's head was leaned back on the wall and he was asleep as well. Alec had his head in his hand, and seemed inbetween sleep and being awake. Aiden was awake, his chin rested on his hands. He was leaning forward, with his elbows on his knees. Taylor was sleeping, sitting on the floor. Her back was on the chairs inbetween Axel and Abel.