Chapter 8

It was fourth period. Axel was in my second class, which was an event. Pretty much it was the same questions. Again.

I had my study hall now which meant I had to go to the office. What a joy.

"Hello, Adeline," she says as I walk into her office. I press my lips together in a tight smile.

"Hi," I say. She pulls out a few papers.

"My name is Mrs. Green," she says and I nod. "I understand your situation is a strange, and difficult one."

Well, we got straight to the point. And the fuck does she know about my situation?

"If you need to talk to anyone about anything, know I'm always ready to listen," she tells me. I roll my eyes.

"I don't need a therapist," I say. She shakes her head.

"I'm not a therapist. I'm a counselor. Giving advise, and listening-"

"A therapist with a different title," I say, cutting her off. She sighs and folds her hands.

"Let me help you, Adeline," she says. I shake my head.

"I don't need help," I say. She raises an eyebrow.

"Really? Because, Mr. Brown said you had a bit of a bad morning." I fucking hate Mr. Brown.

"I'm fine," I say. She studies me for a second.

"Adeline, if there is something that you need to tell me, in order to help yourself, I encourage you to do so," she says. I grab my bag and shake my head.

"I'm fine. I don't need any help, and I don't have anything to say. So is that it?" I ask. She sighs and nods.

"Yes, you're welcome to leave," she says. I stand up and leave the room without missing a beat.

When I walk into the hallway, I stop and just breath for a second. I wouldn't put it past Tom to drive so far just to hit me again if I told someone.

I close my eyes and try to swallow the lump in my throat. I pull my hair behind me, starting to mess with it. One perk of having long hair? An easy distraction. And something to mess with. So two perks.

"Hey," I hear someone say and I nearly jump out of my skin. I look over and see Cole. He had a slight look of amusement in his eyes. I glare at him and start walking to my class. I hear footsteps catch up to me and he soon falls into step with me.

"What do you want?" I ask. He doesn't say anything. I stop walking and so does he. He turns to be infront of me, and raises an eyebrow.

"You'll be late," he says. I clench my jaw. I had a strong urge to hit this man.

"Why do you care?"

"I didn't say I did."

"Then why match step with me? Why stop?" I ask. "Why kick my chair? Why push me on your way out?"

"I didn't mean to push you," he says. I scoff and roll my eyes. He looked like he genuinely meant it. And I ignored the newfound love I had for his voice.