Chapter V | Falling of The Rain

いいえ、雨が降るのを止めることはできません。

"Mizumi, is that you?"

The rugged lady fell down as she fainted. Sakuta rushed in to help her get up, but as he uncovered the hair that's blocking her face, he confirmed it.

"Mizumi-san! What the– holy shit, what happened to you? Alright, can somebody get me a glass of water? That'll be appreciated." Sakuta called on to Tomoe to give Mizumi a glass of water, as he lined up three chairs so that she can temporarily lie down.

He picked her up and he laid her gently and slowly. As suspected, he saw bruises all over her. With torn clothing and messy hair, her looks was damn near to take in. Tomoe brought him the water and put it on the table.

Mizumi slowly opened her eyes to find herself lying down on a line of chairs set up by Sakuta. "W- What..."

"Mizumi-san, it's okay. It's me, Sakuta. Are you alright now?" He said to her. Mizumi panned her head to the right, looking at him. She knows that she's in a safe place now, with Sakuta by her side.

"S- Sakuta... i... is that you?" She said in her struggling voice. She slowly get up, then Sakuta gave her a glass of water from earlier.

"Yes, it's me, Mizumi-san. So what happened?" He said.

"I was just wandering elsewhere... when all of a sudden, I felt sore all over me. My clothes are starting to tear, as if someone invisible was hurting me. Why... why does this always happen? I just wanted to live peacefully and follow my dream!"

"Mizumi-san..." Sakuta murmured.

"All I wanted was to become what I truly want! Why does fate have to freaking take that away from me!? I... I hate... myself..." The rugged Mizumi said, as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Sakuta had no other choice but to listen, because he knew that cheering someone up is something he cannot do, and not applicable to this situation.

"Mizumi-san... I felt the same way, too. It's okay to cry, but fate is always superior to our lives. You cannot change it, as it just keeps coming back." Sakuta said.

"Sakuta-kun... I should've stayed indoors when I have to. I should've shunned everyone else. I should've... protected myself. I should've... not existed." She said.

Sakuta slowly gave her a hug, a pat on her head, and a gentle whisper onto her left ear. "It's okay... everything will be alright."

He let her rest on the employees room for a moment until Sakuta finishes his full shift. His employees also offered her their spare outfits to replace her tattered ones. He thanked his workmates who took her in, especially Tomoe.

"Tomoe-san... thank you. You were of great help back there." He said to her.

"E- Eh?? I just gave her a glass of water! It wasn't even close to being 'of great help'! Although... you're very much welcome." Tomoe said to him.

"Mizumi-san's life is very tragic. She's been through stuff. She tried to be who she was, but everyone just can't accept it. Her life... is a symbol of bad luck, I guess." Sakuta replied while looking at a sleeping Mizumi.

After his shift, he woke Mizumi up so that both of them can go home. Mizumi is still wearing the spare clothing Sakuta's colleagues gave her.

Rain was pouring endlessly that afternoon, as if a monsoon ravaged their city. Sakuta had no other choice but to give Mizumi his coat to cover her as they walked down the slippery path.

"The rain sure is strong. It looks like it's not gonna stop any moment. But to be honest... I kinda like it." Sakuta said to himself, as both to continue walking while he was loving the rain pouring down and striking his face.

They finally arrived at his home. Sakuta opened his apartment door and let the still rugged Mizumi. "Tadaima." He said. He laid Mizumi down to his couch. It looks like she had a very bad day.

He then immediately went to his telephone to call Mai to inform her that she found Mizumi. The search is finally over.

"Moshi-moshi? It's me... Sakuta. I found her, and she's in a bad condition. Itip looks like... someone abused her. I really don't know what to do in this situation, but it's best if you take a look at it by yourself."

"O- Oh... Really? Alright, Sakuta-kun. I'll come right there in a second." Mai responded, then both of them hung up.

Mizumi was peacefully resting on Sakuta's couch. A weakened angel she was, Sakuta sat beside her as he laid down a blanket beside the couch.

Am I really weak? If so... then why must it come to this? I just wanted a normal life; why can't everyone just accept it?

Everyone is just giving me bad luck...

Maybe I am the bad luck. Maybe everything bad that has been happening in every people... it's all coming to me. I did not deserve this.

I don't want to.... live like this anymore. Everything I do is just a grand waste of time. Even just to be a person is a sin. A testament to being a bad person.

In my past life... did I do something bad to anyone?

I was a good person, wasn't I?

Am I... good?

It's doesn't matter anymore.

I just want to be the person who I want to be...

Maybe this is not what destiny wants.

Forget it. I am not gonna live enough to see myself filled with happiness.

I'll just..... sleep this off. Hopefully, I don't wake up to see another light of the day.

The rain was falling hard that night, but no one cannot stop it. It will just keep on and on until it can't anymore.

That night was the only night Mizumi had a good sleep. Sakuta fell asleep beside her, as she guarded her gentle self.

"Mizumi-san... I'll make sure you're fine..."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Published on: Feb. 24, 2021