28. I didn't know you could sing so well

Deon

The crowd still cheers and I revel in the whistling and applause for a moment before pressing a kiss to Presley's forehead.

I miss this.

Performing at bars, country clubs and arenas back in Nashville. It was my thing back there. I used to perform every weekend at Elysium Arena, The Weekend Bistro and The Bluebird Cafe. But, now I have given up that life because I don't want anything to do with it anymore. I don't want to think about my old life tonight. All I want right now is to be in the moment with my amazing girlfriend.

Pres is incredibly sexy and she can sing really well, but she thinks she's not that great. I almost fucked up the chords as I watched her sing in awe. She was fucking amazing tonight. I plan on worshipping her pussy and showing her exactly how amazing she is when we get some time alone later.

"That," one of the emcees announces, walking onto the stage. It's the pale guy with blue hair. "Was stupendous! Give it up for Deon and Presley, ladies and gentlemen, from Westbeach High."

The crowd goes wild as I sneak a glance at Presley who's smiling adorably at the throng of people in front of us. We bow together before walking backstage where Maddy and Tyler seem to be waiting impatiently.

Maddy's eyes light up when she sees us. "You guys were so fucking good!" She hugs Pres, then me.

"Until the judges send in their final results, y'all can go over to the voting page on our website and vote for the best performance who you think should win the people's choice award," I hear the emcee announce.

Pres and I leave our instruments in the dressing room, and we come out, my family awaits with Jennet and Leonard. "Pesley!" Brianna squeals and Pres greets her by bending down to her height and hugging her. "You did really well on stage. The song was really pretty."

"Thank you, sweetie," Pres says, grinning at my sister. "Although, it was him who wrote the song." She points her thumb in my direction. I carry Bree when she stretches her arms out to me.

"You were really good too, Dee Dee." She beams at me.

"Thanks, Bree," I chuckle. She kisses my cheek before I lower her back down.

The rest of my family and Pres's grandparents compliment us and we thank them.

Not long after that, the emcee's voice booms through the arena. "I have the final results here in my hand. Who wants to know the winners of 'Jingle & Mingle?'" The crowd starts clapping and whistling as Pres looks at me with wide eyes, nervous and excited.

"Do you wanna go over to the front of the stage?" She asks, her voice small.

"Sure—" I start to say, but she's already pulling me by my hand towards the stage's front.

"Aright, everybody!" The female emcee wearing a long silver dress says. "Third place goes to...Olivia Johnson and Charlotte Thompson from Maplewood High School."

I see Pres's face fall and I say, "There are two more prizes."

"I know." She pouts. "But those two girls were so talented. Their performance with the violin and the cello was so freaking great. There's no way we could've beaten them in a competition."

I have my fingers crossed hoping we would win first place or second place, because I don't want her to be sad and brooding when we go to Dad's hotel here in Toronto later...which I haven't yet told her about.