13

AMIN

"Noona? Are you home?"

"Yes, Tae." I say into the phone, my voice a little tight. His voice is soft and light, compared to mine.

"Great." He gives a quiet laugh. "Can you come out? I want to be with you."

"I—"

"I'm already outside your apartment."

I sigh, my fingers clenching into my palm. I'd been about to say no, because I didn't want to be with anyone while I was feeling like this.

Especially Taehyung.

"If you're outside then I can't say no, hm?" I murmur, hearing a husky giggle on the other side. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Alright."

The call ends, and I tighten my fingers around my phone.

I should've said no.

Because he'd know for sure, that something was wrong with me. What his stalker had said had affected me more than I'd thought.

I was furious and dark.

Sighing, I tug a cardigan over my shoulders and push a cap down on my head.

Hopefully he wouldn't know.

When I come out of the apartment, I find him sitting on one of the benches outside. He looks up when he sees me, and I try to smile.

It feels so forced.

"Noona, it's not sunny today." He says, tilting his head when he sees my hooded eyes. "I can't see your face."

Taehyung blinks.

"Don't mind it." I say, sitting next to him. He leans slightly against me.

"Why did you come?"

"Because—"

I wait for him to continue. But he's stopped, and I look up to his face to find that he's staring down at me.

His almond eyes are wide.

Then he suddenly stands up, and I start to get to my feet when he shakes his head. Taehyung presses me gently back down to the bench.

And for himself, he walks over to the bench on the far side of the street.

I frown.

What's he trying to do?

Then my phone rings in my pocket, and I'm surprised to see that it's Taehyung calling me. I pick up, and his deep voice is uncertain as it flows out of the receiver.

"Are you angry at me?"

"What? No." I say firmly. "What are you doing, Taehyung? Come back here."

"No, no. I want to know what's bothering you first."

"And why can't you come here?"

"Because," His voice shakes a little. "I feel like I'm somehow making things worse by being close to you. Talk to me like this, please."

He'd noticed.

I wince.

Tae, it's not you." I whisper, watching his figure. He looks so soft with his dark hair and matching sweatshirt.