In My Head- Part 28

Start from the beginning

I let out another sob as I felt a gentle hand running through my hair and I pressed my face further into Amanda's shoulder desperately attempting to get the image of those cold empty eyes out of my head.

"Come on Dec let's go next door get you cleaned up a little"

I looked down at my clothes, they were covered in dirt from the roof and blood from Ant's wounds and I knew that my arm was scraped from the rooftop and my attempts to hang onto Ant as he...as he...I sobbed once more and I felt Amanda pulling me towards the door but I fought against her.

I couldn't leave Ant I had to stay here If i left him I would lose him he would be gone just like Stephen...I had to stay he needed me.

"Dec come on now I know you want to help him but first you need to let us help you, I promise Ant will be safe I'll send David or Simon over he will be fine Dec you'll see and the sooner you let us take care of you the sooner we will let you take care of him. Come on now Dec do it for Ant.."

I felt the fight leave me those last three words, "do it for Ant" those words had gotten me through some of the worst days of my life a couple years ago and as Amanda spoke them I felt the same pain and determination from before building up.

I had to stay strong I had to take care of myself so that I could take care of Ant, he was the only person that mattered now; the only person I cared about..the only person I couldn't bear to lose.

I had already lost Stephen I couldn't lose Ant as well

I nodded against Amanda's shoulder and gave up the fight allowing her to pull me out of the door and into my room all while I continued to cry my brain filled with all the thoughts of what might have happened if Simon and Amanda hadn't came to our rescue.

************

Ant's POV

I was lost in a sea of darkness and awful pain ripping through my chest as I stumbled along unable to see anything until everything got really bright and a memory played across my mind's eye...

"ANTH NO!" Dec's voice ringing in my ears as I stood poised on the edge of the building ready to jump...to do the right thing...

Another pain and the memory faded to black giving way to another..

Dec's face looking down at me his eyes full of tears and pain his voice trembling with emotion..."Anth p-please....you c-can't d-do this to m-me....I l-love you so m-much p-please...d-don't d-do this..."

"I-I h-have to D-decky....I-I h-have to g-go n-now....p-please D-Declan...l-let m-me go.."

My heart ached along with my chest now...Dec's tear streaked heart broken face filled my mind as one last memory flashed through it.

"A-Anth P-please...I-I c-can't l-lose y-you...p-please d-don't leave m-me...y-you p-promised....y-you wouldn't l-leave m-me..."

My eyes flew open and I struggled to sit upright panicking as I found myself unable to move and something drawn tight over my aching chest sending waves of pain through me as it pinned me down.

I brought my arms up intending to free myself only to panic further as I noticed that my hands had been bound together with some kind of tie the knots tight and just barely close enough to my fingers that I could untie them.

Oh god what was going on?

I continued to struggle frantically sobbing and thrashing in an attempt to get away from whatever was pinning me down only to stop as another pain ripped through my chest and took my breath away forcing me to lie still.