In My Head- Part 21

A/N: Hi guys back with another small update to this story and my apologies for the long wait. I've been very busy with work and with my other story but as promised I am not giving up on this one 💜 alright guys it's not very good but I'm going to shut up now and let you get on with it.

Amanda's POV
Simon had left already telling me that he would be back in a few hours and to call him if we needed anything, I sat down in the chair and leaned my head against the wall as I tried to think of what to say to Ant.

It was more than obvious that something really bad had happend at hospital I recalled the way he had looked when he had gotten off the elevator holding Dec in his arms and I felt my worry growing even more, I just had to find out what had happened.

I got up out of the chair and went over to the door that led to Dec's room and I knocked quietly waiting for one of them to tell me to come in, however after several minutes passed with no response I simply pushed the door open and walked into the room.

I looked around the room for the boys and as my eyes fell on the bed, or more accurately on the person lying in it my heart tugged. Dec had looked bad earlier but right now he looked down right fragile almost like he would break at the slightest touch.

His skin was white matching the Tshirt that Ant had dressed him in and his face hung slack as his body sagged into the bed, whatever had happened at hospital had clearly taken a lot out of him.

I came closer to the bed making sure to stay quite so as not to wake him and as I got closer I could hear those same wheeezeing sounds coming from his lungs, I frowned as I gently ran a hand through his hair.

I had thought he would remain asleep but to my surprise his eyes fluttered open about halfway and he moaned before he spoke, "A-Anth?"  His voice was so full of worry and my heart broke at the sound, "No Declan it's just me it's Amanda." 

His head turned weakly to look at me and I smiled gently at him watching as his face became even more worried, "W-where's Anth? I w-want Anth."  His voice shook and I swear I could see actual tears forming in his eyes as they traveled around the room in search of his best friend, I sighed and stood up.

"Alright Dec I'll find him sweetie I promise just relax for me ok?"
He bit his lip and nodded as I looked around the room wondering where Ant might be hiding, I saw the door to the restroom was shut and I walked over to it.

I could hear someone inside and I knew it had to be Ant so I knocked on the door, I heard the tap turn on and fiannly just as I was about to call out to him the door opened.

I was shocked as I found myself face to face with Ant who in all honestly didn't look any better than Dec did, my poor boys I thought, he just watched me for a minute before he raised his eyebrows in a silent question.

"Dec's awake and he wanted me to find you."

I heard him sigh and his shoulders slumped as a deep look of saddness and guilt crossed his features before he shook his head and walked past me into the main room heading for the bed, I trailed along after him still not having any idea what was going on.