46| Lucky

"Who wants to do shots!"

Every single one of the guys in the bar, myself included, raised their hands for shots. Well, it was official—my bachelor party was here and it started an hour ago.

I happily spent the first half of the day in bed with Harper. Besides making love to her for hours, we talked about the festivities for today. It was mainly constant reassurance back and forth between us.

I told myself before I got here that I shouldn't get too drunk, but I also didn't want to keep thinking about Harper at her bachelorette party. So when Nate offered more shots, I was first in line to grab one.

Nate handed me a shot of Yager. "For the guest of honor."

"Thanks, mate." I threw the shot back and took another.

"Damn, Jackson," Ayden laughed. "Might want to slow down.

Ryan sucked his teeth next to me. "Why the hell would he do that? It's his damn bachelor party. The only one I had was when I was engaged to Harper. So technically, it didn't count."

Whenever the subject of Harper and Ryan being engaged came up, I always felt sick to my stomach. The only reason I was able to deal with that was because I knew for a fact that they weren't sleeping together while she and I we're hooking up. But there was still the fact that my brother had sex with my fiancee at some point.

I looked at my brother with an exasperated look. "Didn't count? As I recall, you got hammered and had four lap dances."

"Sounds like a bachelorette party to me," Nate snickered and drank another shot.

Ryan still didn't agree. "Lap dances or no lap dances, the whole relationship was fake. Like I said, it doesn't count. And I eloped with Danielle, so there was no bachelorette or bachelor parties." He looked at us quizzically. "Maybe I can still have one."

"Good luck running that by your pregnant wife," Ayden warned.

I frowned at my brother. "I think he's gone mental. Or he's just already drunk."

"As we all should be," Nate chided before he turned to me with an evil smirk. "Now, its time."

"Time for what?" I knew what he was talking about. There was a part of me that was hoping it wasn't what I knew it was, but I knew I wasn't that lucky.

"You know what." Nate's eyes went to Ayden and Ryan. "You guys set up the chairs in front of the stage and bring some of the booze over there. I'm going to get the music ready."

While two of my friends got to work with getting the chairs and alcohol ready, I stayed with Nate and watched as he started messing with the sound system.

"Where did you find her?"

His eyes stayed on the aux cord he was trying to hookup. "Find who?"

"The stripper," I replied flatly. Knowing Nate, it could have been from anywhere. For fuck's sake, it could be one of the girls he used to sleep with.

In an odd way, it was our history with women that seemed to form a connection between us. As we got to know each other over the past couple years, we spent quite a few nights over drinks or poker talking about our past.

That's when Nate explained the relationship he had with Karma in high school. After he dated her and they broke up, he told me he didn't really hook up with a lot of women. But before he got with Karma in high school, he told me all about his 'Happy Meals'.

When I asked him if he felt guilty about his past, he said that it was a tough question to answer. In the end, he said he didn't feel guilty about being with all those women. After all, he was single at the time. He said that his only regret was that Karma wasn't his first. He told me that if there was one thing he could change about its past, it was that.