27| Dirty Laundry

"Forgive me, dear, but your mother sounds dreadful."

I scoffed and took a sip of my coffee. "No apologies needed, Gwen. She is dreadful. I'm not sure when she changed, but she was different when I was growing up."

I've been in London for two days now and I still couldn't believe how happy I was. After the emotional Night of Truth with Jackson, we spent the next day never leaving the hotel room. But it wasn't all orgasms and wine—we talked. A lot.

Jackson, being the caring love of my life that he was, asked me repeatedly if I was okay. At first I was confused what he meant, but he wanted to make sure I was okay health—wise. After I assured him that I was healthy, we talked more about the details of my infertility.

We both apologized repeatedly about everything that transpired over the past few weeks. More so from me. I also asked him to come back home once we get back to the States. He was more than happy to oblige.

We also talked more about adoption. Even though the topic was still new and we haven't decided on anything for sure, we agreed to consider adoption not only from the states, but from London as well. It's not going to happen right now, but in the future I wouldn't mind flying back out here to bring our new baby home.

That still sounded weird to me. Our baby. I had been so upset and heartbroken over the fact that I couldn't carry Jackson's child, that I didn't even consider adoption. The thought of having miscarriages, or no children at all, was all that ran through my mind over the past few weeks. But Jackson was right, we could still have a family. And that made me so incredibly happy. 

I also loved his Aunt Gwen. She reminded me a lot of Everly and I could see why Jackson loved her so much. Gwen asked me to brunch this morning and offered to show me around the city. When I asked Jackson this morning if he wanted to come, he rolled over and mumbled something like, "I bloody hate shopping," and went back to sleep.

When we had one of our long talks, he told me he had barely gotten any sleep since he'd been here. I think last night was the best night of sleep either of us has had in awhile. 

We ordered dinner in and ate in bed while we watched some TV. Then Jackson surprised me by drawing a bath for us. I've tried to get him to take a bath with me a bunch of times through our relationship, but he always talked me out of it. I remembered one time in particular...

"Come on, Jackson," I pleaded as I nipped his bare shoulder. "I promise you'll enjoy it."

Jackson lifted my chin and forced my eyes to meet his heated gaze. With a throaty voice, he said, "I don't doubt it would be lovely, but I very much enjoy the way you wrap your legs around my waist while I lean you against the shower wall and thrust deep inside you." 

So imagine my surprise when I come back from grabbing dessert downstairs and he had the tub ready and waiting. When I reminded him that he didn't like baths, he gave me a sound kiss and said that he knew it would make me happy, and he wanted to do something nice for me. Especially after the last few weeks. 

And it was amazing. After out bath, we went to bed where Jackson made love to me slowly. It was a nice change, actually. With Jackson and me, it was usually fast and rough—driven by a burning desire to have each other immediately. Not last night. It was like he had been trying to savor me, like he was afraid that I might disappear. When we were finished, I fell asleep in the warmth of his strong arms. 

Now Gwen and I were looking at some shops near the hospital. As weird as it sounded, this was the best unplanned vacation we've had. One of the things I enjoyed was learning some of Jackson's dirty laundry.